Whimsy Stamps ~ Easter Shaker Card

Hey crafty pals, I shared a wee egg shaped Easter decoration with you yesterday, today I'm back with the creation I made using the 'left over' element from the diecutting. I lined up the paper, so the egg shape I cut had an even border around it, so I was able to use the 'off-cut' this way. So here is the shaker card I created with it.


This fabulous egg shaped die set has punched hole decorations on both sides of the cut line, so it's perfect for this type of multi-use crafting. It's hard to see the diecut details as it's such a busy paper, but in reality they finish the edge of that egg shaped window really nicely. 


I used a cloudy paper to create the background for the shaker window, but as it was a slimline paper, I needed to add two sheets together. So where the two halves met, I needed a way to obscure this, so I lined the seam up, so that I could add a ribbon across the centre of the shaker window, to look as if it was an Easter egg decorated with a ribbon. I love how this 'necessary' little element came out, I think it added a really pretty touch to the design. I did a triple bow for added glam.


The cute bunny image is from an older Paper Door set from Whimsy, which I was fortunate to get to use when I was designing with the Paper Door team. Happily it's been re-release since in a cute set with matching dies for quick and easy cutting out of the images. I've used both for this card, much easier than trying to fussy cut around those whiskers!


The fabulous confetti I've used for this shaker is from the 'This Calls For Confetti' collection at Whimsy Stamps. The amazing Lisa Mensing who is the team leader of our wonderful Video Team at Whimsy, has designed these amazing confetti sets to coordinate with some of Whimsy Stamps gorgeous paper sets and man has she nailed it! Check out these special sets at Whimsy here and you can also check out the rest of her fabulous range over at 'This Calls For Confetti'. 


As I write this, we are well into the evening of our Good Friday and have enjoyed a relaxed family day with a yummy brunch of hot cross buns. I wish I was that homemaker who could whip up magical batches of yummy food, but I'm just not, so we got a selection of traditional and brioche hot cross buns from the store and oh my, they are yummy! I'll be back again shortly with another Easter creation, because the days in the lead up to Easter were super busy and I've finally a few minutes to catch my breath, so I'll be sharing these post with you all in a row. So see you again soon! Wishing you a beautiful Good Friday, however you celebrate it. Hugs and happy crafting xoxo









Comments

aussie aNNie said…
Beautiful and impressive design love this. Have a lovely Easter xx
Chris said…
Fab shaker card Wends- love the colours and adorable bunny!
Hope you enjoy a happy Easter weekend
xxx
Wends this is gorgeous - the ribbon and bow is the perfect accent and adds just so much to the card - love it
Blessings
Maxine
Sarah said…
Absolutely adorable. Such a wonderful design and the bow is just a beautiful finishing touch xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy