Whimsy Stamps ~ You Are Awesome

Hey crafty friends, I am back with another crafty creation, this time a super cute one featuring an adorable stamp set from Whimsy called Blending In. This stamp set just makes me smile. I find that cute lil' incognito kitty so funny!


I ink blended a background panel, (I know, two in a row, so unlike me! But I've been keen to play with my new Ink Stands!) then I die-cut the panel with a lovely wonky stitch rectangles die from Whimsy which fits an A2 card so nicely. I used a stencil to add a bit of interest to the inked panel, which is not so visible in the lower sections, but on the light area towards the top, shows nicely and creates a fun kind of ombré fade. I decided to use the little paw-print stamp in the set to create a little path across the card. I didn't add them in quite the right place for where the die cut the page, so I added an extra one or two after die-cutting the panel. I finished the card with a lovely sentiment from a Whimsy Stamps clear sentiment set. 


I added the image panel to foam tape and added this to the inked panel after stamping the sentiment, to be sure I had clearance for the those. I often forget to stamp my sentiments first and have to fiddle around trying to find 'narrow' options for stamping the sentiment after I've added a dimensional layer. It's annoying, so I'm trying to remember to stamp the sentiments first! Once the image layer was added to the inked layer, I added dimensional foam to the back of the inked panel and adhered this to a top folding A2 card base.


That kitty-cat seriously cracks me up. I could think of so many funny sentiments for this make, so I'll have to do a 'take 2' with some other options, but I love the sentiment I used on this one, I think it fits so well. I added some white and black pen accents to the eyes, especially in the areas I got a bit carried away with my colouring! It brightens up their wee faces nicely.


Whimsy has a 'mini' mini release this month, as there have been supply issues with some of the stock, so just a couple of items released on the first that are in stock, more will soon follow however, as they're in transit, but these will be showcased later on the 5th, 15th and 25th, so a few days later than usual, but not too big a delay provided the postie can get through! I'll be back soon with another crafty adventure, showcasing some of Whimsy's existing stamp and die sets, treasures that can be forgotten as new shinies arrive, but are still so lovely to pull out for a play. So I and the rest of the Treasures team, will be bringing you some more inspiration through May. Sending hugs and wishes for happy stress free days xoxo












Comments

What a fun card Wends - love that cat in amongst the dogs :). A great background too - that ink blending is gorgeous, especially with the stencilling over it
Blessings
Maxine
Pat said…
Great card Wends, such a cute fun image and lovely background.

Pat xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy