Whimsy Stamps ~ You're Awesome

Hey crafty pals, I'm back again with another sweet creation using the fabulous Gnome Fair Fun Clear Stamp Set by Crissy Armstrong. You may recall I shared this earlier creation and didn't get to use all the cute images in this set on this one, so wanted to have a play with the sweet gnome playing the rubber ducky fishing game. If you know me, you'll know I have a huge soft spot for Swedish Gnomes known as Tomte or Tomtenisse and Crissy is the artist who I think best captures the true 'Swedish' Gnome. I just adore her sweet gnome characters and really wanted to colour one up to send to her.


It's our lovely Crissy's Birthday coming up and I decided that this cute gnome needed a sentiment to reflect what she means to us all at Whimsy. So I've used the 'awesome' word die and cut it from pretty iridescent silver cardstock. I've stamped and embossed the rest of the sentiment in silver embossing powder. The stamped portion was taken from the Fantabulous Clear Stamp Set. 


I added a bit of Wink of Stella into the bubble centres of the diecut background, just randomly and in bubbles of different sizes for added interest. Never shows up well in pics sadly. The final touch to finish this cute creation was some little sparkly gems I had in my stash. I wanted them to look like little bubbles floating above the ducky pool.


Thanks for popping in to visit today. I will be back again in a couple of days with my last creation for this month and then can you believe we're moving into June?! How are we almost half way through the year already?!!


It was my hubby and one of my sisters' birthday yesterday, so I really need to get to their creations shared soon too! I'll be back soon with my last creation for this month, until then, have a wonderful weekend and happy crafting xoxo





Comments

Dawn T said…
Cute as card Wendy. Love all the dimension
Chris said…
Fabulous card Wends, lovely design and combination of dies and image. The cute gnome made me smile-'hook a duck' was a big favourite when my kids were young- the guaranteed prize did it!
xxx
Pat said…
"AWESOME" card Wends, love your card design and the sweet gnome.Have a great weekend.

Pat xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy