Sweet Stampin' ~ Rainy Days & Rainbows

Hey friends, I'm popping in today to share a cute creation I've made for our current challenge at Sweet Stampin'. I'm embarrassingly late, but life is just too full lately! I was determined to get a creation made for this challenge, because I've had this cute pair of stamps from Stampendous I must confess, far too long, which I really wanted to create a rainy day card with. I was very short of time, so rather than colour the image, I chose to do an ink blended background with a couple of rainy day friendly Distress Oxide colours and added a lovely raindrop stencilled background using a Dutch Doobadoo Stencil. 


I used two mediums to create the water droplets, a lovely sparkly one called Glitter Kiss from Cosmic Shimmer, which I used in the Ocean Spray colour. It is quite a deep and strong turquoise blue colour, so to bring the colour down a little, I added some Nuvo Mousse in the Toasted Almond colour. The combination of these two was really lovely and actually toned with my ink blending so well, I couldn't quite believe it!


The Distress Oxide Inks I used were Speckled Egg, Milled Lavender and Dusty Concord. I splattered the panel with water before adding the stencil pastes. While that dried, I stamped the vellum panel with the sentiment from Stampendous, which I used Villainous Potion to ink up, but covered with clear embossing powder to set it on the vellum, otherwise it could have smudged too easily. 


After heat setting the vellum panel, I stamped the cute boots onto the ink blended panel. I thought about trying to add some shading, but time being of the essence decided this was the image done. I quite like the plain image, as it lets the ink blending really feature. But I did stamp a second image onto plain cardstock for when I've time to play and colour again. 


I attached the vellum panel at the back of the ink blended panel, so no adhesive would show, which does mean the front flap is free, but it works fine and it's nice to be able to lift it to see the embossing paste beneath. I added the ink blended panel to a lovely dark purple cardstock that has a pretty sheen to it with strong wide double sided adhesive and lined the inside of the card with a white mat for adding my hand written message. That was the card completed and ready to send abroad. There's still a few days left of this challenge, I'm really late posting, as it's a two week challenge, but if you've been creating with rainbows or rainy day themes, do come and join us for the last few days of this challenge. We will be back with a new challenge on Saturday. I'm struggling to believe we're already in May! My littlest one turns 12 on the 14th, so it's all go prepping for that now.


Do pop on over and check out what the rest of the amazing Sweeties got up to for this challenge. It was so fun to see what the team created for this theme and their take on the theme is always fabulous! I'll be back again soon with another crafty adventure. In the meantime, I wish you a wonderful week and happy crafty days. Hugs, Wends xoxo








Comments

kareN stampZ said…
what a fab card Wendy, hope we don't need those gumboots for awhile
Loving this Wends - those boots are perfect left uncoloured on this card, and your ink blending is stunning, as are the rain drops!
Blessings
Maxine

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy