Sweet Stampin' ~ Doodling Challenge

Hey crafty friends, we have a fun challenge starting at Sweet Stampin' today and this fortnight we'd like to see your creations that feature 'Doodling'. This challenge freaks me out, because I cannot doodle to save myself! I love the way it looks but fundamentally cannot do it! I'm doodling impaired!! So imagine my joy, when one of my favourite ever 'doodlers' brought out a range of stamps that heavily feature her fabulous doodling skills! I'm talking of course about the fabulous Faye Wynn-Jones, who for me is the quintessential 'Queen of Doodling'! So I've used one of Fayes brilliant doodling stamp sets to create my card for this challenge. 


I had fun creating this shaker card with a whole bunch of fabulous elements from Whimsy Stamps including Faye's wonderful FaDoodle Hearts Clear Stamps Set. I created the shaker window to look like a large sunflower head and when the shaker elements cover the fun Licorice Allsorts image (which was a cute bright tissue box cover I cut up!) it looks like seed heads of the sunflower. I used a mix of lovely iridescent sequins from Paper Rose in Pomegranate and some toning seed beads. Thanks to the tiny seed beads, it makes a very satisfying whoosh as it moves around in the shaker window. Quite mesmerising! 


Everything I've used for this creation comes from Whimsy Stamps, so I will share this over there as well, which is why I've used my Whimsy Watermark on this second image. I'm always inspired by their fabulous stamps and dies and this creation was just so fun to put together for this fun theme with all the brilliant stash that fit the bill! All the elements I've used are shown in the thumbnails below. I gave this card to my sister in law for her birthday earlier this year. I knew her kiddos would have fun shaking the sequins and seed beads around. 


Thank you so much for popping in to visit. I hope you'll play along with us this time at Sweet Stampin'. We'd love to see your crafty creations using some doodling. We're always inspired to see how others interpret our themes and do stop in to check out my teamies take on this theme too. They're so creative!


I've been catching up a bit tonight with some blog comments and I'm so sad to see so many blogging friends closing their blogs and preferring to only use Instagram and Facebook. I find these platforms very 'impersonal' and really like having my own 'space' in Blogland. I thank you so much for visiting and even more so if you leave me a comment so I know you've been. I know it takes time, but please know it does means so much to me and I'm very grateful to have your comments and feedback on my crafty adventures, so thank you, if you take the time to leave them. I will be back soon with another crafty adventure, so until then, have a wonderful weekend and stay safe and healthy. Hugs, Wends xoxo








Comments

Chris said…
Fun, bright and beautiful! Love the shaker element and what a great idea to use the the licorice allsorts image- at first glance I thought you'd managed to squeeze ral sweets inside your shaker! The doodle stamps look great too. Love your take on the doodling theme.
xx
Fiona said…
ooh...this is wonderful, I had to look twice as I did think those sweets were real too. Faye's doodles are perfect for this little cutie!

Fi
x

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy