Whimsy Stamps ~ Get Well Wishes

Hey there friends, I'm popping in today with the first of my creations for July. I've worked with the most beautiful coverplate die from Whimsy Stamps for these creations called Magnolia A2 Die. As the name suggests, it fits perfectly an A2 card base. I really love this pretty die. I've used it previously to create a lovely card for my mother in law, which you might recall, I posted that here. I also used it recently to create a lovely black on black sympathy card, which you can see here. I absolutely love that card and I'm delighted with how these two cards have turned out too. So many different looks from one beautiful coverplate die. 


I created the blue backgrounds for these two cards by spritzing some water on watercolour cardstock and dropping some Lindy's Stamp Gang Magical Powdered Paint in Delphinium Turquoise over it. I spritzed again, until the paint spread well and covered the cardstock. I think I could have left some white space, but it was my first time playing with this medium and this stuff spreads! 


I originally was going to make only one card, but I had used two bits of watercolour paper, since it was my first try with this paint, so I had one 'good' and one 'spare' as is often the case with first experimental plays with a new medium. But I liked them both! So I ended up at hubby's suggestion, cutting a white diecut panel for the front of the second card, because he was worried there wasn't enough contrast between the blue and green. But if you know me, you'll know that green is my favourite colour! So I had to make both and with the lift from the brightness of the green ribbon I used on that card, I think it came out really nicely, so I was very happy with both designs.


It's not so easy to see in the first two images, but this paint has the prettiest sheen to it, when it catches the light. The image above captures this a little better. 


I cut the magnolia's from the lightest green in the Peppermint Cardstock Paper Pack from Scrapbook.com. The colours printed on the cardstock cover don't match perfectly to the colours inside. But they are lovely and a good weight, not too heavy so easy to diecut, but robust enough to hold the shape of the intricate die. I stuck down all the layers with strong double sided tape. Wider tape for the blue base and narrow for the sides of the magnolia diecut and I added a few little bits on the magnolia centres to stop the centre from 'floating up' from the base layer. 


I wanted to keep the design for these cards pretty simple, so as much of the Magnolia pattern as possible would show. It's such a pretty design, I didn't want to cover too much of it. It also allows the background panel with it's pretty shine and sheen to show through better too. So a simple wrap of green ribbon in a lovely toning shade, a toning paper flower from my stash (which is from Wild Orchid Crafts) and then a simple sentiment to finish. I used the versatile Bookmark and Tags Die Set from Whimsy Stamps to cut both little sentiments tags. I used a round tag for the green design and a rounded rectangular one for the white design. The sentiment was made up from tiny companion words from the Everyday Scripted Sentiments Clear Stamp Set from Whimsy Stamps. This is an absolutely brilliant sentiment set, because it covers pretty much any occasion you could wish a sentiment for. I also love the elegant scripted font of the large words. I will show this used on a later creation. 


I changed up the finish of my white creation, with a triple bow in narrow organza ribbon. The ribbon is actually a lovely soft blue, not white as it shows in the pictures, but it is very sheer, so the colour shows better in areas where the ribbon doubles up. The pretty butterfly I have had in my stash for absolutely years. I thought it was a lovely creation to use it on. I bought this and a few other lovely embellishments from an Etsy shop run by Angelica Franssen called LittleScrapShop. I don't spot the butterflies in her shop at the moment, but I believe they are handmade by her, so it's always worth enquiring after!


I hope you've enjoyed seeing these two creations today, I had a lovely time creating them and my hand is getting stronger everyday, so it's getting easier to do things. I will be back very soon with another crafty adventure, until then, I wish you a wonderful week and if you'd like to see the latest release at Whimsy, you can click through on the banner above. Hugs and happy crafting xoxo









Comments

Chris said…
These are gorgeous Wends- it's amazing how different the same design can look just by changing a colour! The blue background looks equally beautiful with both diecuts. Glad your hand is so much better. xx
Dawn T said…
two beautiful cards Wendy and love both the green and white die cuts. A beautiful design
Lindy's powders and sprays are such a wonderful medium to work with - as you have discovered :) Beautiful cards Wends - love the white on blue particularly
and that butterfly is exquisite!
Blessings
Maxine
Fikreta said…
so very nice!

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy