Sweet Stampin' ~ All Hallow's Eve

Hello crafty friends! I've a three-for-one for you today, this will be my first of three posts for our current challenge at Sweet Stampin', we are celebrating 'All Hallow's Eve' this challenge. I was going to share the three cards all in one post, but there'll be too many pics, so will do one each. Sigh, I know, overkill, but I just have been SO Halloween enthused this year! I think being on lockdown and having a little more time on my hands has helped with the mojo flow! So here, is my first of three...


I actually started this creation several years ago! It was an abandoned creation, which I happened upon when boxing up my craftroom for storage while we get the carpets downstairs changed. Still only halfway through that process, there's a lot to move (it is my craft space after all, so you can imagine right!?) I set it aside, so it didn't go in the boxes and finally finished the creation I'd started so long ago! 


The colouring was done a long while back with my Promarkers using a fabulous Kenny K image. Kenny used to design for Whimsy Stamps and was where I first encountered his fab images. He's sadly not designing for the craft community anymore. So I'm glad I have a lovely stash of his images still to play with! I fished out some cool digital paper that worked well with the image, from a Carina Gardener paper set called Halloween Haunts. I buy digital versions of some of my favourite physical papers from Snap Click Create, linked in the thumbnail below. I then diecut the fab paper with a Go Create XXL die that I totally love, (so sad they seem to have gone out of business) I added a doily which I coloured black to suit the card and added a greeting. The image was cut with an older Whimsy stitched die that's been retired, but there's a lovely double stitched version now in store.


The diecut greeting was from another crafty company that seems to have gone out of business too called Lil' Inker Designs. I really loved their dies, they were some of the first, if not the very first to come out with stitched dies that cut both the inside and outside of the cut line. Revolutionary! I still have the first set I bought from them that did that. With their fabulous Spooky Word Die I felt that this card really needed very little else, the image is so fun and so striking! So this abandoned creation finally got completed. Very satisfying. Now what to do with it, hehe.


I hope you'll come and play along with our 'All Hallow's Eve' challenge and as I said, I'll be back really soon with another two creations to share for this same challenge. In the meantime, click through on the banner above to see what my wildly talented teamies got up to for this too. Hugs and happy crafting, Wends xoxo





Comments

mixamatoasties said…
I can't believe you made 3 cards for the challenge! I'm going to have to up my game ;) Another fabby make. xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy