Whimsy Stamps ~ Trick or Treat Gifts

Hi my lovely crafty pals, I'm back with a little set of treats I've created for Halloween. I'm 'in the zone' right now, creating for that fun night. 


These little sour cream containers, as this box shape is known, are super easy to make and really just involve make a little tube, pinching it closed one end and then pinching it closed the opposite way the other end to get this cute shape. There are lots of videos showing this process on YouTube, you just need to search 'Sour Cream Container' and lots of ideas pop up, if you're curious to try. 


I made my containers from kraft card and stapled the ends closed with tiny staples for interest. I'll ensure these treats go to older kids who can open them carefully and not hurt themselves. Not a safe closure for littlies. I filled the treat boxes before sealing the second end. The hold a good amount or little treats, perfect for an individual serving of Halloween treats. 


I chose three iconic Halloween images to dress these wee Sour Cream Boxes. A Black Cat, A Howling Wolf and a Walking Dead Zombie. These fabulous icons are from three different Whimsy Stamps Halloween die sets. They're all fabulous and have wonderful additional elements in each set that make such fun Halloween creations. But I wanted something striking and simple for these Sour Cream Boxes and these three images were just perfect. The wee labels were cut with a fun Wavy Nested Frames shaped die. The fabulous Halloween sentiment is from the Fuzzy Spiders Clear Stamp Set from Whimsy and I just love it, so cute the wee web. I finished the boxes with a simple wrap of Halloween themed Baker's Twine.


Thanks for stopping in today friends, I hope you've enjoyed seeing this little Halloween Treat Box adventure. I'll be back with another creation soon. Until then, I wish you a wonderful week. Hugs xoxo






 

Comments

Dawn T said…
too cute Wendy. Love these little boxes
Chris said…
Love these Wends, what great little treat boxes. A great shape and those spooky die cuts are such fun.
xx
aussie aNNie said…
Great treat boxes and the cute dies, kids love these x
Pat said…
Gresat Halloween treat boxes Wends, they look so cute with your lovely images.

Pat xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy