ForeverBella

Crafty friends, I'm sharing a sad post today. A light has gone out in our world, a light that brought such joy and connection to so many in our crafty community. Emily, the lovely Founder and Heart and Soul of the crafty company Stamping Bella has passed away. 

I discovered the wonderful images of Stamping Bella some years ago through the amazing art being shared by crafty friends of mine, who were 'Bellas' and whose work I admired and continue to admire SO much. I fell in love with the whimsical, joyful fun images on offer and now have a sizeable Stamping Bella collection!

I always loved reading Em's posts in the lead up to a new release, they were always fun to read. Her warmth, encouragement and humour shone through every post. I never met her, but she was part of my world, part of my crafting journey and I know that for so many who did know her and were close to her, a really bright light just went out in their world and there will be ripples of this I'm sure, throughout our crafty community. 

So today, I'm sharing what I was inspired to create in honour of Emily. I encourage you to go and read the post put up by Elaine who has been Emily's right hand for so many years, over on the Stamping Bella Blog.

Stamping Bella does a fun Bellariffic Friday Feature every week, so of course, this week, it was a special one in Tribute to Emily and I really wanted to join in with this, as I've so loved the images, the inspiration from the Bellas and Emily's wonderful legacy to our crafting world all these years. So these are my contributions to this very special Bellariffic Friday.


I first made this little tag, using one of the Bundle Girls images called Bundle Girl with Falling Hearts. I imagined as I was creating this, that the hearts were not falling, but rather ascending as fans and friends of Emily and Stamping Bella reached out with their love all around the world. I chose not to add a sentiment to this one, the image said it all. I coloured this sweet bundle girl with Copic Markers and used a Copic Spica pen in pink to add glistening details to the hearts. I also added little details to the image, like the heart pocket on her coat and stripes on her wellies. The paper I used for this creation is from a Honey Bee Paper Pack called Harvest Festival.


This second creation just came together so easily and quickly once I'd decided the image I wanted to work with. This sweet pair looking wistfully into the beyond just struck me as a perfect choice for this creation. So I set the scene with a lovely starry sky paper from the same Honey Bee Paper Pack I used above, trimmed the edge with a Magnolia scalloped square frame which was from the Doohickey Club Volume 13 and added a little tag sentiment which I altered slightly to fit the occasion. The actual sentiment which is from the same set as the image, says "You make the world a better place, just by being in it", so I stamped another 'D' and fussy cut it to fit over the 'K' in 'make' to change it to the past tense. A heartbreaking detail, but made this creation work. 

Thanks for stopping in and sharing my crafty journey. I'm always so grateful for your comments and feedback. Sending hugs and love to you all, Wends xoxo








Comments

Tow beautiful tributes to Emily, Wends. Well done
Blessings
Maxine
Fikreta said…
so very beautiful!
Chris said…
Beautiful creations Wends, a touching tribute to Emily, such sad news.
hugs xxx
Dawn T said…
A touching tribute to Emily. Very sad to hear this news.
Pat said…
Very sad news Wends, but two beautiful tributes.

Pat xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy