Sweet Stampin' ~ Firsts

Hey crafty friends, I'm popping in with my Sweet Stampin' creation today, which I ought to have shared on Saturday for our latest challenge. We are having a 'Firsts' challenge this time and I created this card for a 'first child'. Apologies for the delay sharing it with you, life has been a little full this week! This post is actually much more than a few days late, it's actually a few years late. I made this back in 2017, but never shared it at the time. I'll explain why next.


I made this sweet card to send with a parcel for a newborn bub. This babe was the son of one of my brother's dearest friends. He passed away just before his son was born and I couldn't bring myself to post it back then. It was such a tragic loss and awful time for the couple who were very much in love and looking forward to the arrival of their little boy. My heart still breaks for his sweet widow, who as you can imagine was devastated by this loss. Cancer is such an awful illness. So much time has passed now, it finally feels okay to share, but it really is bittersweet. I loved creating this beautiful card and so much love was poured into it. I used some gorgeous Maja Design papers, which if you know me, I use rarely and for 'special creations', because it's my 'stroke only stash. I used a lovely diecut from the Creative Expressions ~ Italian Collection Decorative Frames Die Set by Sue Wilson and of course the lovely stamp set which is from Unity Stamps and was called Twinkle, Twinkle. I can't find it in store any longer, but it was a while ago I bought it, so there's no real surprise there. It's a very sweet set, lovely for newborn cards. 


Thanks for popping in to visit today, I hope you'll come back and play along with our current challenge. It runs for two weeks, so there's time to get a creation together for it, just remember there must be some stamping on the design. Do check out my talented teamies interpretation of this challenge too, they're totally nailed this theme and there are some really fun interpretations. I will be back later today with my next Spellbinders creation, so watch for that and thanks again for your visit. Wishing you a gorgeous day! Hugs, Wends xoxo









Comments

Sarah said…
Oh my, how very sad and I can understand why it was so difficult to post this adorable card at the time. I had to smile at the "stroke only" stash, that's why digi papers are SO useful!! x

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy