Gifts of Great Joy...

I just loved this Sugar Nellie stamp when I first saw it. I've had it in my stash for the longest time. But have not been brave enough to try and colour this sweet duo until now. I was worried how the fur would look and didn't want to muck it up! I hate to throw my colouring away, so if I'm not sure, it just sits there until I find the courage and mojo to give it a go. Perfectionist streak I got from my Papa. I hate to mess up! Although my colouring skills still do have a long way to go (it's only a little over a year since I bought my first Promarkers) I think this one came together nicely, even if I was a little tentative with the colouring.

DSC_5985

Tidying up my stash, I found some sweet Whimsy stamps, one of which was this lil' penguin postmark and I just knew I wanted to use that with this penguin pair. The lovely gold ribbon I rescued from a present a while back and I knew I'd get plenty of use out of it. It worked perfectly with the great 'Christmas Joy' First Edition papers I used. I loved the sweet little characters on the paper which included Santa, Rudolph and a sweet penguin! So that fit really nicely. The colour of the paper created the colour palette for my colouring of the image and I have to say, though not my first choice for Christmas makes, I really love this colour palette.

DSC_5986

I finished up the card and had it sitting for a couple of days, thinking it was done, but just felt there was something missing, so finally added a lovely snowflake from Joy Crafts with a pearl centre and was much happier. It was very plain and although I do love the CAS style, I wanted just that little something extra.

DSC_6049


I edged all the papers with a lovely chalk ink VersaMagic in Oasis Green. It was chuffed I had such a great match for the green colour palette. I used Stickles on the lil' dangly heart and the hat. I used Glitter Magic on the snowflake. The flatback pearls from MeiFlower were the final finish.



Nought else to say folks and my beddy-byes is calling. So I'll leave you to enjoy this sweet Christmas pair while I'm in the land of nod. Thanks for popping in today. Hugs, Wends x

Challenge Entries:
Winter Wonderland: Wrap it up
CHNC Challenge: #146 ~ Make it Square
The Sugar Bowl: Anything 'Sugar Nellie' Goes
ABC Christmas Challenge: U - Under the Tree
I Love Promarkers Challenge: #190 ~ Snowflakes
CHNC Challenge Extra: October: Anything 'Christmas' Goes
Crafty Creations Challenges: #244 ~ Let's See You Sparkle & Shine
Fab 'n' Funky Challenges: #189 ~ Spots & Stripes (spotty matt behind image)

Comments

chrissy xx said…
What a cutie your image is! FABulous colours and I LOve all your sparkle.
Chrissyxx
Hazel said…
Beautiful card - what a delightful image - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge 146 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for October - I'd love to see it there too. You could also enter this into the Crafting Musketeers challenge 6: Christmas in October - would love to see it there too x
Sue said…
Awwww that image is just adorable Wendy and you have coloured it so beautifully. I love the cute papers and gorgeous ribbon too.
hugs Sue xx
Hazel said…
Thanks for adding for CHNC challenge extra for October - hope to see you again soon. x
downrightcrafty said…
what a great representation of our theme, a wonderful creation thank you so much for joining us at the Winter Wonderland
Hugs Kate xx
Pat K said…
Adorable card Wendy. Your colouring is beautiful and I love the papers too! Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week. hugs, Pat K xx
cotnob said…
This is a fabulous card, adorable image and lovely papers.
Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week.
Pauline
x
P.S. I have candy on my blog if you would like to take a look - http://craftingwithcotnob.blogspot.co.uk/
Teresa said…
This is gorgeous Wendy, I love this image too, so cute!
hugs Teresa
coops said…
aw so stunning wendy.really gorgeous details and colours and i love the sweet penguins :D

xx coops xx
Anonymous said…
Oh this card is super cute LOVE the snowflake and also the image is brilliant too! Thanks for playing along with us this time at ABC Christmas Challenge,
hugs Samantha :0)
Angelique said…
Adorable. love the bow and snowflake.
Thank you for joining us at Fab'n'Funky

Huggsss, Angelique
EngelDesignsScrap
Karen said…
Lovely card and what a fab cute image too, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx
Michelle B. said…
Beautiful card! I love the sparkles and the image is completely adorable! So glad you joined us for our Under the Tree Challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge!

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy