Fab 'n' Funky - For the Kids

Woop woop, it's time for a new challenge over on the Fab 'n' Funky blog. We've an exciting one this week too, it's 'For the Kids'. Which means you can pull out all your stamps that make perfect kids creations. Better still check out the stamps from our amazing sponsor this challenge. Kenny K has a fabulous variety of stamps for sale, from the saucy and sassy through to the 'cool kids' stamps that the DT will be showcasing during this challenge. There's something for everyone. I've been a long time fan of Kenny's fabulous digi stamps, so I pulled something out of the archive which I really should have used before now. I love it when a challenge has me using something I've loved but was yet to get around to creating with.

Here is my DT offering for the Fab 'n' Funky Challenge #226 using the fantastic 'Rock Chick' from Kenny K. She has that sassy look he's known for and will suit being a gift for my daughter on the right occasion. As she's also known to wield an axe like this rock chick thanks to her talented papa's inspiration. I'll share some pics of her later. First up, let me show you my creation. 

14919817056_7b5341bf14_z

Told you she was sassy! I just love his take on these 'teenage chicks', so full of attitude and cheek. Just what I imagine my Georgie will be like in a few years, given her nature now. Every now and then, she'll come out with something sassy and I think, yup, there's my future teenager! I'm in for a world of trouble with that one. So strong willed, just like her mama. Thank goodness she has a beautiful heart to balance it.

PicMonkey Collage3

The pic above focuses on the little details. I've used a cool paper that I discovered in my stash tonight when unpacking some bits and pieces I'd yet to from our UK shift. I've still a few bits to sort into better homes. When I saw this paper, I thought of rock concert tickets and figured it was a good match for this image. Better still, it came with the strips of tickets which I've used behind the image and tagged onto the sentiment. I've cropped the word 'Rock' from a cool Birdie Brown sentiment. I wanted to use the banner stax from MFT and the whole sentiment didn't fit, so I cropped it and added the 'you' above using a sweet wooden heart from a Freckled Fawn set I bought through the fabulous New Zealand based boutique craft store Paper Doll.

14756204068_5e4cffb84e_z

I had a lovely shimmery white paper to mat the image, but it needed some colour, so I inked around the edge of the mat with my Navy Blue Flexmarker using the flat nib. I wasn't sure the shimmery paper would absorb the ink, but it worked a treat. The number of times I've done this trick and it always amazes me how fantastically it works. Love my Letraset pens! The rest of the image was of course inked in a mix of Promarkers and Flexmarkers. The guitar was a fantastic 'hot pink' until I added the Glossy Accents to give the axe some sheen and it turned an orangey red! I so have to remember this happens with Glossy Accents. But I'm still pleased with the overall effect. The metallic bits on the guitar were inked with a Letraset Metallic Marker in Silver. 

Beccy is my wonderful teamie running the show this challenge, so pop on over to the Fab 'n' Funky Challenge and have a read through her write up, check out the other DT girlies fabulous creations and go on, give it a go, join in!

Thanks for popping in today and I'll be back soon with another crafty adventure. Hugs, Wends x

Challenge Entries:
Cute Card Thursdays: CAS
Papertake Weekly: To Die For
Bunny Zoe Crafts: Summer Colours
KennyK's Krafty Krew: #178 ~ Kids
The Squirrel & The Fox: - Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create: #85 ~ Anything Goes
Crafting From The Heart: #32 ~ Anything Goes
Simon Says Monday Challenge: Anything Goes!
Wednesday Creative Inspiration Challenges: Anything Goes + Option of Sketch
Crafty Creations Challenges: #270 ~ Use Something Old from your Stash (paper)
Stamping Sensations: Anything Goes (with stamping as a focal element of your work)

For those of you who made it all the way to the end, here's my very own axe wielding maniac!






With a little (couch) drum solo and ukelele down at the beach thrown in at the end!
Yes I did say the beach, that's my Grandpa's farmland that leads onto the beach. :)

Comments

Sally H said…
A fabulous card - very sassy! Thanks for joining us at stamping sensations this month and good luck
Chris said…
Gorgeous card, Wendy! That cute and sassy image could be be your little rock chick in a few years...just compare the image with the first photo of Georgie!:)
Chris
x
Pat K said…
Fabulous card Wendy....I so love what you've done with this sassy image. Great pics of your little rock chick too...tfs. hugs, Pat K x
Dawn T said…
Gorgeous card Wendy. It is an awesome image for a teenage girl. Your little one is cute too... looks like she's really into her music.
crafty-stamper said…
Fabulous card love the sassy image love the tickets and B.paper --thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart
Carol DT x
love the photos
carol x
Beccy said…
This is such a great card Wends - loving how you have put it al together - I can see why it will make the perfect card for your daughter,

Hugs Beccy x
Elaine said…
Fabulous card Wendy and so perfect for a sweet 'n' sassy teenage rock chick!
The papers and tickets are spot-on for the image and I love those wooden embellies.

Fabulous photos too!!

Big hugs
Love Elaine xxx
Wishcraft said…
Fab card Wendy, such a fun design... great photos of your daughter too! Hugs, Lisa x
Sarah said…
Great card! I love all the layers, especially the little tickets.
Unknown said…
Great image and a fab card. Thanks for joining in with us at Stamping Sensations this month. Maddy x
Anonymous said…
Super fun! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)
MagsB said…
What a great card, Wendy! I love that Kenny K image, and I also love your papers and all the tickets! Your own personal maniac looks as if she's having so much fun in your photos! My son was also a guitar maniac, he used to play 'Whisky in the Jar' by Lynyrd Skynyrd again and again (and again!) Now he lives 4 hours' drive away and he only entertains his missus and daughter with his guitar-playing - and I'm secretly glad about that lol!!!

love Mags B xx
Ginny said…
how cool is this card, love all the pics too :)
Anonymous said…
I adore this young, hip card. The embellishments are nicely done.
-Steph's Stamping Studio
Sherry Butcher said…
Love it! what a great job of coloring and embellishing, TFS.
I added the link for Fab 'n Funky, sorry I miss that in my post, Thanks so much.
http://scrapbookingandcardmakingbysherry.blogspot.com/2014/08/hi-thanks-for-visiting-today.html?showComment=1409405067963#c7230668567777778875
NickScrapShack said…
What a sweetie!!! Rock on!!!!

Great card too. Love the little tickets and the paper you picked! Have just got this image printed but not had time to colour her up yet...

Thank you for playing along with our challenge at Kenny K Krafty Krew.
Good luck and hope to see you back soon!
Nick
Team A(ll That)

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy