Sweet Stampin' ~ Father's Day/Special Man

Hey there my lovelies, it's time again for a new challenge at Sweet Stampin' and I'm running out the door to have a date night with hubby! We're off to see Air Supply, I can't wait! So I'm going to pop up a picture of my make and come back later to fill in the details. Head on over to the Sweet Stampin' challenge to check out our fabulous new challenge. This week the theme is Father's Day/Special Man.


I've used a couple of really fun stamps from Unity stamps for my creation and I'll add the detes later on. Here's the card for now. Back soon xxxx


Sorry to run out with my blog post half written but have been helping friends shift house today and now off for date night with hubby. I can't even tell you the last time we did that! So I'm super excited, it's a real treat. We are off to see Air Supply. Thank goodness for wonderful brothers who love hanging out with their niece and nephew!!

I'll be back soon with the rest of the post. Hugs to you all, Wends x

Update:

Gosh I haven't been the best blogger of late, leaving posts half written. The detes for this card follow for easy reference.

Film Strip Die ~ MFT
Sentiment ~ Unity Stamps
Twine & Mini Wooden Peg
Stitched Circle Die ~ Lil' Inkers
Colouring Medium ~ Distress Ink
Washi Tape ~ SpiegelMom Scraps
Vintage Camera Stamp ~ Unity Stamps

Here's a closer peek at the fab Unity Vintage Camera Stamp

Our wonderful sponsor for the challenge this week is Marianne Design so our winner is in for a real treat. Come on over and join in the fun with your own creation for Father's Day or to honour a special man in your life. My card was created for a family member who was celebrating their 50th recently. He's a photographer, so it was especially appropriate to use this vintage camera on his card. I got away with the cheeky sentiment too! He's taken on a very important and special role in our family lately, so it was easy to choose this card for the 'Special Man' challenge. I look forward to seeing what you would create for this challenge.

Here's a closer peek at the sentiment. It got a few good laughs!

We are also having a DT call at the moment. We are down a couple of team members and would like to recruit some new talent. The detes are on the challenge blog, so go check it out if you're interested. But I can tell you, we are a close knit team, and this is one of my favourite DT's that I'm on, so if you're at all interested, don't hesitate!

Hugs to you all, Wends x

Challenge Entries:
4 Crafty Chicks: #301 ~ Masculine
The Ribbon Girl: June ~ Card Challenge
Creative Corner Challenge: Just For Men
Crafting By Designs: June ~ Anything Goes
Crafting From The Heart: #115 ~ Anything Goes
ABC Challenge: I is for Important (50th Birthday)
Aud Sentiments: #156 ~ Anything Goes + A Sentiment
Moving Along With The Times: Age Related Sentiment
Creative Inspirations: Anything Goes + Option of A Sketch (Rectangular interpretation)

Comments

Tina Z. said…
wow, great design!
Sarah said…
Great card but never mind that...let's talk Air Supply!!! Love them...takes me back to my teens, Here I am is one of my all time favourites. Hope you had a fantastic time xx
Chris said…
Great design Wends, love the L/O. The focal image and sentiment work perfectly together along with the fimstrips. Love the inky background.
Hope you have an easier week.
Chris
x
Love your two part blog entry Wends - that is one wonderful card!!
Blessings
Maxine
Jenny L said…
Hi Wendy,
what a brilliant card, and such a great stamped image.
Thank you for joining in the MAWTT Challenge with this.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT
Craft buddy said…
Love your image and color pattern here, great use of that sketch and our number challenge at Moving Along with the Times x Jessie
Carla's Cards said…
Lovely card, thanks for sharing with Crafting from the Heart!
Leanne said…
Great card, love the old camera and the film strips, nice touch. Great stitched dies. Thanks for sharing this with the Chicks!
Leanne DT/4 Crafty Chicks!
Unknown said…
Love the retro card! Thanks for joining us at Creative Corner Challenges! Sara DT
coldwaters2 said…
Brilliant male themed card Wends it has a vintage look to it that I love so much an excellent make
hugs
lorraine x
NGCARDS said…
A fantastic card! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations & The Ribbon Girl! xxx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy