Sweet Stampin' ~ I Wish I Could Fly

Hello again. 3rd bus in a row, hehe. I'm back with another DT creation, this time for the fabulous Sweet Stampin' Challenge. We are having a fun theme for this challenge, which is called 'I Wish I Could Fly'. I had great fun with this challenge, I actually created 3 cards which could have worked for this theme, but there was something about this wistful image, which quite stole my heart, so although it's actually possibly the simplest of my designs, I thought it was the best suited for this theme.


I just love this A Day For Daisies image. I can't find it on the site, as it's an older image, but there are several similar. I coloured it very simply, with my Promarkers and then set about masking it (not in the usual way, as I had no post it notes!) by using some washi tape. I tore off little bits to cover the image where I didn't want any ink to fall whilst creating my clouds and then with my ink dusters, created these candyfloss clouds. I just love the way this turned out. It was on a whim that I used the 3 different colours and although the image was coloured in shades that I wouldn't normally mix with these cloud colours, it kinda works and makes the image pop I think.


I've tried a few different ways of colouring clouds lately and this method is my favourite. I was too caught up in the creating when I was doing the clouds to capture the process, but essentially, I cut myself a template and used it at differing angles to create the puffy cloud shapes. I dust around the image once it's masked off with distress ink and an ink duster. The ink duster gives a much softer finish than the distress sponges. I love the finish of the dusters far more. The distress inks I used were Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet and Tumbled Glass. You can find the ink dusters I used at Inkylicious.



I kept the card design very simple as this is such an enchanting image, I didn't want to add lots of other details to the card. My son Zac wanted to send his Nanny a card and my mummy loves purple, so we added this to a purple base card which has a lovely shimmer. With a purple shimmery envelope to match, it makes it quite a lovely set. I really liked the way the balloon extended beyond the frame to look as if it was floating off into the ether. It has a good lashing of glossy accents on it, so up close it's very shiny and it adds dimension, that little extra touch that makes such a big difference.


I hope you'll come and join the fun with us this week at Sweet Stampin' for our 'I Wish I Could Fly' challenge. I think it's rather a lovely theme and can't wait to see what you make of it! I'm heading off with the kids for some holiday fun up at our family beach, so I'll be out of touch now for a few days. But I send you all a big hug and wish you a truly happy week filled with crafty fun. Hugs, Wends xoxo


Challenge Entries:
The Ribbon Girl: April ~ Use Any Image
Creative Moments: #116 ~ Anything Goes
I Love Promarkers: #333 ~ Anything Goes
Stamping Sensations: April ~ Anything Goes
Colour Crazy Challenge: #16 ~ Anything Goes
Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends: #56 ~ Anything Goes
Allsorts Challenge: #412 ~ 'I Spy' - B is for Balloon & Blue Dungarees
As You Like It: Favourite Colour. My very favourite is green, as I mentioned in my previous entry, but a very very close second is purple. This card is for my mummy who also adores purple and so this was made with 'her' favourite colour in mind. Even the clouds have a little purple in them!

Comments

Christine L said…
This is so fabulous Wendy... I also love that ADFD image and you've done a perfect job of colouring the little character and balloon.... and then...... oh WOW... those clouds!! Total perfection!

Christine x
Sarah said…
Oh my...this is fantastic Wendy. Love the image and you are quite right to let it be the star here...although your clouds are pretty incredible too!! xx
Wendy said…
Wow! Stunning card Wends, love that adorable image and your clouds look fabulous! Love it!
Hugs
Wendy xx
Karen said…
Sweet Wends, this is magical! I LOVE the colorful sky... it is indeed perfect for this delightful image. (You did the clouds perfectly!) The little cutie pie is colored so beautifully and I love the out of the box technique you used. Stunning as always, my friend. Injuries kept me away yet again, but I am so grateful to be back to the crafty/blogging life I so dearly missed. Have a lovely night, my precious friend. :)

Hugs and blessings,
Karen
Fikreta said…
its super nice!
hugs
Pat said…
Fabulous card Wends, love the sweet image but those clouds are fantastic, you have done a great job on them I really thought it was a printed paper. Great make.

Pat xx
Cara said…
Your clouds are amazing, totally stealing them! The card turned out beautifully. Cara x
O My Wends...What a super little card.....love the sweet image and the clouds....Joolsx
Chris said…
Such a beautiful card Wends with that whimsical little image and the lovely CAS design. Love the way you've done the clouds and the fab sugary colours, they're the perfect backdrop for the sweet little boy with his shiny balloon.
Chris
x
brenda said…
A lovely creation and two perfect 'B's in there, many thanks for joining in with our 'I spy' theme at Allsorts this week and also our April challenge at Stamping Sensations.

B x
Mervi said…
So adorable and sweet card!
Thank you for sharing over at Allsorts;-))m
Kathleen said…
Those clouds are fabulous and so is the image, a great design too.
Thank you for joining our 'I Spy' challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath
Dora said…
Beautiful technique on this card.
Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.
Mummylade said…
Really lovely! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck.
susiestacey said…
Beautiful card and the background looks fab.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'I Spy' challenge and good luck x Susan x
Marlies said…
A gorgeous card with an adorable image and the clouds look great! Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamping Sensations. Marlies
Tracy said…
Those clouds are awesome! Love the mix of colors you chose. Tammy's images are so sweet and delicate. Fantastic job Wendy! Hugs!
Suze said…
Love your clouds - and how you have the balloon floating above them. Thank you for joining in the Anything Goes challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.
kareN stampZ said…
What a fab image, it actually looks really cool covered in washi ;) Maybe you have started a new craze!! Thanks for sharing.
ELE said…
ADorable card.
Thanks for joining us for our Creative Moments Challenge
We look forward to seeing you again next time.
Hugs,
creativEle DT
Annette said…
Really lovely card and I hope your mum liked it. The clouds are fab.
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
Lili of the Valley,
Dies to Die For,
In The Pink Challenge
Squirrel's not-so-random Challenge
As You Like It Challenge.

Larissa said…
Very cute card! I love what you did with the clouds and I hope your mother loved your card! Thanks so much for joining us at the As you like it challenge.

Hugs,
Larissa

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy