Sweet Stampin' ~ For A Child's Birthday

Hey there lovelies, how has your week been? This year keeps whizzing by, so fast I'm dizzy! But it's time to take a pause and tell you about our latest challenge over at Sweet Stampin'. We have such a lovely theme this week. It's 'For a Child's Birthday', so I'm sharing the card I made for my darling little man's birthday back in May this year. 


Zac is growing so fast and is so full of cheek and mischief now, but he's still such a soft hearted lil' dude, that when I saw this sentiment on the lovely MME paper pad, I just knew I had to figure out how to work it into my small dude's birthday card. The paper is My Mind's Eye ~ Lost & Found 2 Collection/Breeze. The page is called Boyish Handsome.


I can't quite believe he's 7 now. My kiddos childhoods are going so fast and I longed for my babes for too many years to say. I still can't quite believe I have two gorgeous kiddos! Beyond blessed and they're both such awesome kids, it's a blast watching them grow and develop. Seriously so blessed for a girl who (not so long ago) thought she might never have her own babes. I love my 'mummy journey' and I don't take it for granted for a single minute! But let me get onto sharing detes of his card...


Zac is a little gamer, he's loved it ever since he was super tiny, we have some uber cute images of him gaming with his papa when he was really small. So when I saw this adorable 'The Greeting Farm' stamp I just HAD to have it for my lil' guy. It makes the perfect card for him.


I coloured it with my Promarkers and added a little shadow to the actual paper on the card before mounting him, to ground him a bit. He's popped up on foam pads for a bit of dimension. It's an older stamp and no longer in stock, so I can't link it sorry.

 

I recently bought a Hampton Art Stamp Perfect tool and yes, I wanted a MISTI, but it's prohibitively expensive here in New Zealand, so I chose this option and I have to say I am not in anyway disappointed! It does exactly what it says on the box! All those pesky stamps I had trouble getting a good image from first time, are now stamping beautifully with two or three passes on my HSP. It isn't too big, which suits me, as I always craft with an explosion of stash around me, so I have a tiny working surface. I do clear my desk, but I seem to do my best work when I've lots of 'stuff' around me to look at and spark my inspiration. Apparently I'm in good company too, Einstein was famously messy! LOL. (Abi our resident 'Creative Genius', would like that bit of info' too!)


I made a shaker card as I think it's fun to have a 'tactile' element to kids cards. I love a shaker card, but I often shy away from doing them as it can be fiddly cutting all the matching layers, but this came as a 'ready to put together' kit with the foam precut along with the paper elements. So all I had to do was add the patterned paper. So I flipped it over and using my craft knife cut lines into the hole of the star shape so that I could fold the paper back over each point of the star. I thought this would give a really tidy finish to the card and it really does!


I marked where the star was on the paper by drawing a pencil line around the star before adding my stamping, so I could get it exactly right on the paper beneath. The '7' comes from a stamp set the kids and my hubby gave me for my birthday from a local craft store and the 'Happy Birthday' is from a Penny Black clear set called 'Sprinkles & Smiles'. I really love this set!


Zac is super into Pokemon right now, so I threw him a Pokemon party this year, it was huge fun! He just loves going on Pokemon hunts with mummy. It helps my step counter too, so I don't complain! I was so elated when my daughter Georgie was born, because she was my first breathtakingly spectacular miracle and I just never thought I'd love again quite like I love that lil' girl, until my wee boy was born. Isn't it amazing how the love just multiplies?! This lil' dude is such a blessing to us, an adoring sibling to his big sis (he worships the ground she walks on, it's seriously too cute!) and the snuggliest, funniest, cheekiest, sweetest lil' dude I could ever have hoped for. So I loved that this card captured a little of the sentiment we all feel as a family towards our littlest miracle. I made myself cry writing this, so I'll dry my eyes, stop the sop and wrap up this post. Hehe, sometimes you just have to be still and acknowledge life is pretty amazing though right?


Do stop into the challenge blog and check out what my amazing teamies have been up to for this challenge. They really are a madly talented bunch, so you're sure to leave inspired! I'll be back very soon with another crafty adventure, but in the meantime, have a fabulous weekend and take some time for 'you'. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Challenge Entries:
Crafty Catz: #375 ~ Anything Goes
Allsorts Challenge: #420 ~ Birthday Boy
City Crafter Challenge: #366 ~ Frame It
613 Avenue Create: #198 ~ Anything Goes
Colour Crazy Challenge: #23 ~ Anything Goes
Always Fun Challenges: #10 ~ For A Male or Dad
Passion For Promarkers: #399 ~ Add A Sentiment
Crafty Cardmarkers: #190 ~ For A Special Man/Boy/Father's Day
Aud Sentiments Challenge: #182 ~ Bingo (Patterned Paper, Stamped Image, Fav' Colour)
Stamping Sensations: June ~ Use Your Favourite Stamp (Ooh I've got lots of fav's! But this stamp stole my heart when I bought it which you'll see why I'm sure from my post.)

P.S. If you made it all the way to the end of my mammoth post, I found a few pics to share of my tiniest gamer... the wee man that inspired this creation, my lil' lad Zac hanging out with his papa.



Update: I made the Top 5 at Aud Sentiments. I'm so thrilled as I think this wee card has one of the nicest sentiments ever, so a real thrill to win! Thank you so much ladies. I'm doing a little happy dance!!

Comments

Awww cute card and cute pics too. I love my Tim Holtz stamping tool
WOW! Nice card! Love the family photos, too!
Cara said…
This is a totally adorable card, just like your adorable, wonderful son x
Sarah said…
A wonderful post about your little lad and the story behind his Birthday card. Isn't that just the most wonderful thing about handcrafted cards and projects, you can create the perfect one for the special people in your life. I bet Zac absolutely loved this, it's fantastic!! xx
Chris said…
Super cute card for your super cute son! Lovely design, the shaker element looks fabulous...and so perfectly finished :), sweet image and sentiment. You are so right to appreciate and enjoy every moment with your children, they grow all too quickly and we can never turn back the clock. I spent the afternoon with my 'little boy' he's 33 years old now, and a Daddy himself, I look back and wonder where all those years went!
hugs
Chris
x
What a wonderful card Wends, and thanks for sharing your story - it's good to know that children are seen as a blessing, as so often in our world they are not :-(. I am so enjoying having my grandchildren close, and seven is a delightful age - two of mine are that now :-).
Blessings
Maxine
PS I saw a MISTI at Stationery Warehouse the other day for 'only' $70!!
Linda Mc Enery said…
Wow Wendy! I absolutely loved reading your post and getting to know you and your precious boy through your heartfelt, beautiful words. I think I love him now too!! What a beautiful make this is! Such a neat finish to the star and such a great idea to use a 'ready to put together kit' for your shaker card. Absolutely wonderful sentiment!! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Passion for Promarkers, and letting us have a glimpse into your soul and family! Linda
debby4000 said…
Adorable boys shaker card.
luv
Debby
Ros Crawford said…
This is so adorable! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!
Unknown said…
A very cute shaker card and a heart-warming sentiment

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers Challenge

June/DT

PS enjoyed reading your post too!
Wishcraft said…
A lovely card for a lovely little boy, fab image and design. I have two gaming boys too (3 if I include the hubby)... they even have a hang-out room in the extension that's been named 'the gaming room' lol :o) Hugs, Lisa x
Kathleen said…
Gorgeous card, lovely sweet image and a brilliant design. I have a HSP and I am thrilled with mine too.
Thank you for joining our 'Birthday Boy' challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath
Elaine Stark said…
A fab card. Love the colours and image. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine
Sally Dodger said…
A wonderful card. Thanks for joining our challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers. Sally.x.
Juls said…
Gorgeous card & piccys xx
Fikreta said…
very nice card!
hugs
Jane Savage said…
Brilliant card! What a fabulous, clever design! Gorgeous photos too!
Thank you for joining us at The Colour Crazy Challenge! Jane S (DT) xxx
Aunty Sue said…
such a lovely shaker card and thanks for sharing with us at Crafty catz good luck in the draw. AuntySue DT
brenda said…
A lovely bright and cheery shaker card, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x
Waleska said…
I loove your card! so fun thank you for playing with us at Always Fun Challenges!
DT Waleska
Ellibelle said…
Such a cute birthday card, perfect for our birthday boy challenge at Allsorts. Many thanks for joining us this week!
Marlies said…
A lovely shaker card with an adorable litle boy and very nice sentiment! Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamping Sensations. Marlies
Dora said…
Beautiful card. Great that shaker part.
Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month
Karen said…
Oh my sweet Wends, there is so much happiness in this post! The pictures you included at the bottom are lovely! What a little cutie pie. :) You certainly had the sweetest inspiration! Your card is amazing. I love the shaker and how you created it. The image looks amazing and the sentiment is perfection. You and your heart a gift, my friend. I'm so grateful for you! Have a sparkly, twinkly evening. :) Sending tons of love your way!

Hugs and blessings,
Karen
Jo Ann said…
Very cute card! Thank you for joining our June Challenge at 613 Avenue Create. Hope you join us again for our July Challenge. Have a blessed day!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy