Whimsy Wednesday ~ Hello Hummingbird

Hey there lovelies, I'm back again as promised with another Whimsy Wednesday Inspiration post. I've been playing with those gorgeous Hummingbird papers again. I couldn't resist doing another creation with that lovely paper. I used some green ink around the edge to finish the paper edges before sticking down the paper to create my CAS design for this week. 


I've used a lovely Chipboard Element from Make It Crafty to embellish this card. Did you know you can buy these Make it Crafty Chipboard Elements from Whimsy Stamps? There are lots of wonderful extra elements available at Whimsy Stamps, so be sure to click on their 'Supplies' button when you next go shopping to check out those fab extras. 


I coloured the base of the words in a lovely soft green, to tone in with the hues in the beautiful paper. I've glued the two seperate parts together with a light coat of Olba glue and then adhered it to the paper the same way. I've used Nuvo Drops to create the water droplets around the sentiment and in the card corners. Just a little bit of texture and interest on an otherwise very CAS card. Below you see better the dimension the chipboard element adds. 


Thanks for popping into my blog, I hope you enjoyed your visit. I'll be back before long with another Whimsy Stamps crafty adventure. I've been busy working on the June New Release creations, so I'm really excited to share what's coming up! Ooh you're so gonna LOVE this next release. I'm bursting to share what I've been working on! In the meantime, I need to get cracking creating my hubby's birthday card and one for my darling sis who had her baby a few weeks ago. They share their birthday ~ May 26th, so we will be having a double celebration for them both this weekend. Quite a special one for my sis, her first birthday as a mummy and it's her big '4-0'! So we're putting our party hats on this weekend. (Just between you and me, a special one for my hubby too, as it's his last year of being in his 40's!)


For a closer peek at the lovely elements I've used to create this card, just click through on the thumbnails below to be taken straight to the store. Check out the full May Release by clicking here for the Rubber Stamps and dies or here for the Digital Release. Hugs and happy crafting! xoxo


     

 

Challenge Entries:
Not Just Cards: May ~ Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create: #209 ~ Mainly Blue
Crafty Gals Corner: #166 ~ Anything Goes
Always Fun Challenge: #59 ~ Anything Goes
Crafty Cardmakers: #212 ~ Things With Wings
Crafty Calendar Challenge: May ~ Things With Wings
Simon Says Monday Challenge: Inspired by a Song ~ Maddy Rodriguez ~ Hummingbird

Update: I made the Named Honours on 613 Avenue Create playing the twist 'Mainly Blue'. Thank you ladies, I'm delighted you liked my creation!


Comments

Chris said…
A lovely CAS design Wends, the papers are gorgeous, so subtle and delicate.
Enjoy your family celebrations!
xx
Sarah said…
This is gorgeous...simple but really gorgeous. It's the attention to detail that makes it so lovely, the dew drops look fab xx
* Shell B.* said…
Beautifully done Wendy.....love the delicate look on the papers and those dew drops just a add little extra touch!
Hugs Shell
Pat said…
Beautiful card Wends, great chipboard sentiment and I love that fbulous hummingbird and gorgeous flowers.

Pat xx
Chrissy said…
Gosh Wendy, this is a perfect card..I love the softness and the beautiful papers and the chipboard sentiment is lovely too..so pretty.

Luv CHRISSYxx
Dawn T said…
what beautiful paper Wendy and it's made a beautiful card. The chipboard is the perfect embellishment
Fikreta said…
very nice card!
hugs
MagsB said…
This is beautiful, Wendy! What lovely soft colours, and the bird and flowers are so delicate, too. A fab CAS card!

Love Mags B x
Sheryl said…
Oh Wendy this is beautiful! The background is just amazing!
I'm so pleased it dropped onto the font porch at 613 Avenue Create.
Hugs Sheryl DT member. xx
Glenda Atkins said…
Fabulous card, loving the delicate Hummingbird paper and the chip board greeting. The addition of the droplets is a wonderful finishing touch. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers for our Things With Wings! Happy Crafting!
Glenda DT
Tracy said…
Gorgeous papers. The chipboard sentiment is a perfect match. Lovely and sweet.
Margaret Mifsud said…
Beautiful CAS card! The chipboard sentiment looks wonderful against the lovely background papers and I love the addition of the water droplets! Thank you for playing along with our Things with Wings Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. x
Barbara said…
Fabulous CAS card! I adore the shade of blue you chose, design are perfect!Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara
Katrina Bufton said…
Gorgeous card, that paper is beautiful and I love the added sentiment and dew drops. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge,
Katrina x
Jo said…
So gorgeous & a beautiful colour too! Thanks for joining in over at Crafty Cardmakers this time, hope to see you again!
Jo x
Dt
Lena said…
Lovely card. Beautiful colours. Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Gals Corner. We hope to see you again soon.
Hugs,
Lena - DT

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy