Whimsy Wednesday ~ My Deer Friend

A warm hello to you all out there in the blogosphere tonight. I'm here with another New Release creation for Whimsy Stamps. The November release has been such a gorgeous one, they always are to be fair, but I have loved getting my hands on these sweet Rustic Sugar images, which were once part of the CC Designs lineup and are now available as digital images at Whimsy Stamps. I have always loved these sweet images and so it's a real treat to get to work with these! I was especially thrilled to be asked to colour the promo pics for this range of images too. It's the first time I've done anything like this and I know there are some truly talented colourists on our Whimsy Stamps team, so I'm deeply honoured to be asked.


I have of course coloured up this cutie with my Copic Markers. It's so convenient now to be able to get these through Whimsy Stamps. I've used B93, B95, B97 and B99 to colour that sweet elf's outfit. I used a wide range of browns for the sweet deer. I actually even coloured the little fence with my copic markers too. It was a grey woodgrain paper and didn't fit the colour theme so I just coloured over the top of this Maja Design paper with one of my brown copic markers and hey presto, perfect colourway! The reds I've used for this creation are the 'pinky-reds' R30, R32, R35, R37, R39 and R59.


I used a lovely Whimsy Stamps digital paper from the Snowdrops set to create this accent flower for this creation. I love the texture on this paper and it worked a treat for a special feature on this card. I've used the lovely Whimsy Stamps Peony Flower die to create this bloom and then added a stamen cluster to the centre that I've had in my stash for some time. I added beaded berries, a gold stamen cluster little roses and the diecut leaves from the Peony set in white.


The lovely digital sentiment I've used is from a fab set created by Crissy Armstrong for Whimsy Stamps. I really like the font on this one. A bit different and fun for a simple Christmas greeting. I've added a little pearl to the sentiment strip, just for a pretty finish. I initially had the card design very plain, not extra bling, but I had some pearl flourishes on my desk and decided on a whim to add those in the hopes that it looked a bit like a snow flurry. Not sure that I pulled that off, but I still think it's pretty.


The two pics above were taken at different times of the day, amazing what a difference the lighting makes to the colours! The last one is in natural daylight, still inside, but with lots of lovely natural light flooding in. The above one was taken in the evening under artificial light.


Thanks for popping in to visit today. I hope you enjoyed seeing this sweet new image to Whimsy Stamps. We have some lovely ones coming in December too from this range which I can't wait to share with you! It's so fabulous having them as digital images for that quick download and perfect for those 'last minute' Christmas creations. I'll be back again soon with another crafty adventure and will of course be back this time next week with another Whimsy Wednesday post. Hugs and happy crafting xoxo










Challenge Entries:
Papercraft Challenges: #24 ~ Friendship
Addicted To Stamps & More: #318 ~ Holiday
The Paper Shelter: #362 ~ Christmas Is Coming
613 Avenue Create: #215 ~ ATG + Christmas/Winter
Crafty Catz: #437 ~ ATG + Getting Ready for Christmas
The Cutie Pie Challenge: #129 ~ Winter Layers (paper layers)
Moving Along With The Times: #84 ~ Winter Animals (Reindeer)

Comments

Jackie T said…
Hi this is a stunning card I love the design and the image is beautiful. Take care. Hugs Jackie
Jackie T said…
Hi I was meant to thank you for joining us at Moving Along with the Times Challenge Blog The theme is Winter Animals. Hugs Jackie DT
Chris said…
You have been busy Wends! What a gorgeous card this is, your fabulous colouring has brought the sweet image to life, love the shape and the colour combo, the deep red looks great with the blues and browns. The flower cluster and an added pearls are so pretty.
I've really enjoyed my visits here today, your creations are all fabulous and the variety showcases your many talents!
hugs
xxx
Janette said…
This is just adorable I love it and so glad you shared it with us at CraftyCatz this week, good luck in the challenge.x
Gina's Cards said…
Such a beautiful card! Love the sweet image and your colouring is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx
This is very cute, love the colours and that embellie
Fikreta said…
stunning card!
hugs
Linda Mc Enery said…
Oh my goodness, this is so cute Wendy! I love the look on the reindeer's face. Beautiful colouring of this sweet image and wonderful embellishments. Thanks so much for sharing the Christmas spirit with us at The Paper Shelter!
Linda
Dawn T said…
super cute Wendy. Love the beautiful shaped card, the amazing colouring and that cute as reindeer.
Pat K said…
Gorgeous card Wends with the most adorable image. Great shape and design. hugs, Pat K xx
Wendy L said…
This is so beautiful and cute, thanks for joining us at MAWTT. Xxxx
Ina G said…
This card really is stunning. Cute image and you have added so many lovely elements. Thanks for sharing again with us at ATSM this week Wendy.
Tracy said…
Absolutely adorable! Congrats on being asked to do the promo coloring. That speaks volumes. :-)
Julie B said…
Cute image beautifully coloured. The addition of the matching embellishments work well with the design.
Thanks for joining in at ATSM this week. :)
CraftyLyn said…
Super cute card beautifully coloured and love your chosen paper's and embellishments thanks for joining us here at Cutie Pie challenge Lyn DT x.
cohenna said…
Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in Papercraft Challenge this time and good luck :)
Sarah said…
What a fabulous card Wends, great colours and the layered flowers are such a lovely touch. Thank you for sharing this cutie with us at The Cutie Pies Winter Layers Challenge xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy