Sweet Stampin' ~ Peace, Love & Hippie Days

Hey there crafty friends, it's Saturday and we have the loveliest new challenge lined up for you at Sweet Stampin' this week! It's International Day of Peace today! So we are keen to see all your 'Peace Themed' creations. You can create whatever you like, as long as it features a hippie, some tree hugging, or Peace-lovin' themes to help celebrate the wonderful International Day of Peace! I dug into the vault for my image. This is a sweet much older image of Sylvia Zet's from her Spesch Stamps days! She is called Meadow Girl and with her Bell Bottom jeans and lil' Peace symbol necklace, I thought she was perfect for today's challenge. 


After admiring my crafty pal Sarah's creations using a Paper Boutique Christmas die. I splashed out and bought a couple of these lovely dies. It helped greatly that Hobbycraft had a half price sale on them, which covered the postage to NZ. I do miss Hobbycraft and my other fav' English crafty stores. Fab they post internationally now. I'll let you in on a little secret too, you can buy the latest range from Joanna Sheen and if you spend more than 9 pounds, it's post free! Even internationally. But this die and the other Christmas one I bought were older stock, so no longer available there.


I thought I was being very clever laying out all the little peace symbols and word 'groovy' to capture this card, but the shape made it quite hard to balance, like so it kept wobbling over! It was quite the hilarious circus act! Not helped by the fact that this part of the garden has a steep slope, so I can't rest it on a table, I have to hold the board in my left hand while snapping pics with my right! Oh the hilarious shapes I got myself into trying to capture this! Thank goodness it was a still day! Much to my sadness, the image is not in sharp focus, but I had to share a pic of my 'attempt' to capture this cutie this way! She's gone to her new home already, so I can't retake the pics sadly.


I laid the card down in the end, as it just wasn't working trying to balance it mid air snapping pics. So here's a better shot of the details. I just love this Paper Boutique die. The Autumnal frame is really pretty. I wanted a Spring one for this creation, but I think it still works!


I hope you'll come and join in our 'Peace' themed challenge this week. We can't wait to see what you're inspired to do! Zen Master, Hippie Chick, perhaps a Peace Dove for Christmas? Whatever 'Peace' means for you, we can't wait to see your creations! Head over to the blog to check out what my teamies got up to, they're a madly talented bunch and you're sure to be inspired by their creations! See you again really soon and thanks for popping in to say hi! Hugs, Wends xoxo


Challenge Entries:
The Paper Girls: #184 ~ Anything Goes
Gem of a Challenge: #19 ~ Anything Goes
The Cutie Pie Challenge: #139 ~ Celebrations
Not Just Cards Challenge: September ~ Anything Goes

Comments

What a lovely card Wends - a gorgeous image and so beautifully coloured. Love that circular frame!!
Well done on the photography - I was outside today balancing a card on my mock orange blossom shrub, where it gets the afternoon sun :) The things we do for our craft!
Blessings
Maxine
Chris said…
Lovely card Wends, so pretty with the gorgeous frame and that sweet image (haven't seen that one before!), beautiful colouring as always...wish I'd been there to watch when you were taking the photos! :))
xx
Pat said…
Gorgeous card Wends, the image is so sweet, coloured beautifully and the design is great.

Pat xx
Dawn T said…
totally cool Wendy. Such a sweet and groovy. Perfect inspiration for the challenge.
Sarah said…
How I love encouraging spends!! This is a fabulous die set, in fact all the Paper Boutique ones are pretty fabulous, they cut really brilliantly I find. Anyway, your card is gorgeous, lovely colours and that sweet little Miss is just perfect for the theme. To stop shaped cards wobbling, I trimm a couple of millimetres from the inside back, it works a treat xx
Pop's Cards said…
This is so very pretty I love the gorgeous colours hugs Pops x
Your card is just adorable! Thank you for play with us at Gem of a Craft Challenge. Good luck with your entry.
Shona Hamill said…
Fantastic shaped card, thanks for sharing with the Cutie Pies. Shona xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy