Whimsy Stamps ~ My Super Friend

Hey there my crafty pals. I'm swinging in today with a super fun creation I made for one of my lovely besties. I absolutely love this creation and it's perfect for my comic book lovin' pal to celebrate her 40th birthday. I knew when this fabulous comic themed set came out, that I wanted to create something for her with it. The set is called 'BAM! You're Old' from the Whimsy Clear Stamps range.

I coloured up this fun image to resemble my gorgeous pal though I added a shot of blue to her otherwise black hair. So easy to do where the highlights of the stamp are and a fun shot of colour for a darker hair colour. I've stamped and coloured the sunset sky of the cityscape for a fun little scene in the otherwise very easy layout as I used some very cool comic style papers from Whimsy to create the other windows. Just adding the elements on top here and there.


I've popped up the elements on foam that I added over the aperture backgrounds. I coloured the 'BAM' to have a gradient of colour lightening towards the top. I love how this came out! The sentiment in the speech bubble is part of this fab stamp set, though the actual speech bubble is from another fabulous die set called Comic Speech Bubbles. This is such a fun die set and was absolutely PERFECT for this creation. I also used a little star burst bubble as the base for her '40', which came up really well. I used an older out of stock Whimsy Die to create the numbers. The fabulous slimline die that helped me create the fun aperture design is another of the amazing range of Slimline Dies from Whimsy, the originators of the Slimline Die craze! This die is called Slimline Five Frames. I hesitated ordering this die, wondering how I'd use it with so many apertures, but honestly, I think it may become one of my favourites, it was perfect for this layout for sure!


The cityscape, 'BAM' and image were all coloured with my Copic Markers. The 'OMG' was cut from another fun paper from the Whimsy Paper Pack aptly named 'Comics'. I layered all my elements under the diecut frame and then added this to the lovely navy coloured cardstock to finish. A really fun creation, which I'm hoping my pal will love. We're giving it to her this Friday at one of our combined family dinners. Our two families get together every other week for a combined dinner. In our busy lives, it's such a nice way to make sure we catch up regularly. It's so easy to get caught up in the daily grind and find we've not caught up for months. So we make it a habit to catch up every 2-3 weeks. This was made hard during Covid, so it's super nice to get together again after a bit of a break. 


Thanks for popping in to visit today. I've a few creations ready to share over the next couple of weeks from recent crafty adventures and with Christmas fast approaching you can bet there'll be some Holly Jolly's in there! So pop back soon. In the meantime, I wish you a beautiful week and fun crafty adventures yourself. You can head straight to our fabulous November Digital release via the banner above but for a special treat, click my name banner below! Hugs xoxo


 



Comments

Faye Wynn-Jones said…
Oooh, I do like this fun card. Great colours too x
Chris said…
Brilliant card Wends, such a fun idea, it made me smile and I'm sure your friend will love it.
xxx
Sarah said…
Wow, Boom, Kapow!! I bet she loved this!! What a brilliant card, love the comic book colours and the fabulous layout xx
Dawn T said…
Just gorgeous Wendy. Great card

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy