Sweet Stampin' ~ Thank You

Hey crafty friends, we're adopting an 'attitude of gratitude' at Sweet Stampin' this week and showing our 'Thank You' cards. I like to send thank you cards after Christmas and I really need to make more as I often go to reach for one and find I need to create anew. I think they're a good card to have a few of in your stash. So come and share with us what you do for 'Thank You' cards. We'd love to see!


I got this gorgeous background die from Catherine Pooler recently, a Christmas gift from hubby. It's called Folk Star and is from her Nordic Collection. I loved this die the first minute I saw it. It's the Swedish connection, my Grandpa was Swedish and so is my best friend. I love the Scandinavian designs and this is a classic look that I couldn't resist adding to my stash. Add the fact that it's a slimline and I was sold! 


I've paired this lovely die with some Whimsy diecuts to create the sentiments. The thanks layered die is a lovely 3 part die that you can layer in several combinations or use as a stand alone sentiment. I've use two of the possible layers on this card. I love the stitching on the largest of the three layers, so paired this with the sentiment layer to complete this card. I used two Whimsy Stamps Clear Stamp sets to create the rest of the sentiment. The 'You Rock...Seriously' comes from the Bold Statements stamp set and the 'xoxo' comes from the Distant Friends stamp set. You'll notice the background for this card is the 'relief' of the card below. I did a trick with some Tack 'n' Peel to lift all the little pieces after die-cutting. I covered them with the Tack 'n' Peel whilst still on my cutting plate just as they lay after the frame was lifted. One or two moved, but not many. I carefully lifted them all off in one smooth motion. I then glued them quickly whilst still on the Tack 'n' Peel. I had to work quickly as it was really fiddly and I didn't want the glue to dry before I'd laid the cardstock over it. I did have to re-glue a couple of pieces, but it was much easier doing it this way, than to have to hand place each piece. I've run out of my perfect medium, so ended up using glossy accents, which wasn't the perfect choice, as you can see the odd bit has snuck out the side and because it's glossy, has a bit of a sheen to it. So not the smoothest finish sadly.


For the 'TACK' card, I used the positive of the Folk Star Slimline die and used my Whimsy Bold Alphabet dies to create the 'TACK' sentiment, which is Swedish for thanks. This card will be a perfect card for my Swedish bestie! I layered up cardstock and silver glitter paper to mat the sentiment. I kept this one very simple, just adding some red pearls to embellish the design a bit. 


I hope you'll come and share your thank you cards with us this fortnight at Sweet Stampin'. We're running the challenges for longer this year, so that folks have a chance to play along. Life gets so busy and the one week challenges were proving hard for some to create in time for, so we now run the challenges for two weeks. I'll be back again soon with another crafty adventure, in the meantime, have a wonderful week and happy creating! Hugs, Wends xoxo







Comments

Chris said…
Beautiful cards using your lovely new die, very striking in red and white (glad you interpreted the TACK!)
xx
Dawn T said…
two beautiful cards Wendy.
Sarah said…
Ooh these are wonderful. Fabulous scandi cards xx
Faye Wynn-Jones said…
I like to keep a stash of thank you cards too. Of course I never have one when I quickly need one ;) These are both lovely cards, you have really kept the Nordic feel with your colour palette x

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy