Whimsy Stamps ~ Steel Magnolias

Hey there my lovely crafty pals. I've something a little different to share today. There's no coloured image on this design, which is outside the norm for me. But oh how I LOVE how this came together. I made this sweet creation for lovely Mother-in-law. She loves blue and so I created a card that had layers of colour in hues of blue and what better die to do this with than the stunning Magnolia A2 Background Die from Whimsy Stamps designer Deb Davis?! 


I cut the die from two layers of blue cardstock, which I overlaid on a pretty 'magnolia' white card layer. I used the same blue I've used for the 'sky' portion of the card to create the top folded card base. The darkest layer, I pushed all the diecut pieces out of, then reserved it to be my top layer. The second paler blue layer, I kept all the 'sky' pieces in place, but just pushed the Magnolia sections out, which layered over the base white cardstock revealed the white magnolias. We had a white magnolia tree in my parents garden when we lived in Wellington, it was my dad's favourite tree in that garden, so I have a special spot in my heart for Magnolias, as they will forever remind me of him. So of course I had to have this pretty die when it came out.


It's not shown in the photo well, but the white Magnolia's have a layer of pretty sparkle on them. It's very shiny and lovely in reality. I layered over a strip of vellum which I used the sweet Whimsy Stamps Cross- Stitched Sentiment Set on. Perfect for my lovely Mother-in-law, who does the prettiest cross stitch keepsakes. I'm always a little nervous to heat emboss on vellum as I've had warping issues in the past, so I used StazOn Ink to stamp the sentiment, which works perfectly.


I really like the cross stitch effect of this wording. It's a really sweet set and at a very good price point right now as it's in our Sale Section! Whimsy do a promotion occasionally, where they randomly pick product and it goes 'on sale' for a limited period of time. This sweet sentiment set is currently in there and only for a limited time, so now's definitely the time to grab it.


I'll be back soon with another crafty adventure, but in the meantime, if you've not had a chance to visit our latest digital release from Whimsy Stamps, click through on the banner above to head straight there to see all the cute new images. You can also check out the gorgeous showcase designs the talented DT have made on our latest Inspiration post and I'll be sharing another later today too. Plus we've had another 'Mini Release' over in the main store, which is AWESOME. You can check that full release out here. Hugs and happy crafting to you all xoxo






Comments

Dawn T said…
So delicate and pretty Wendy. The shades and tones of blues look awesome.
What a beautiful card Wends - love your colours and how you have layered them to create this. The sentiment is such a pretty one, you are right.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine
Sarah said…
What a lovely card Wends, the wedgewood blue shade is really gorgeous. The vellum overlay with the cross stitchy sentiment is a wonderful touch. Bet she loved it xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy