Whimsy Stamps ~ Candy Skull Halloween Shaker Card

Crafty pals, when I was playing with the paper pack for my last creation, this paper really popped out of the pad for me to work with next. I just LOVE the candy skulls and the pink of this. Not your normal Halloween colours and SO fun because of it. I had kept some sellotape plastic packaging which I thought might make a fun shaker window, (recycler/hoarder yes, but sometimes it pays off!) and I so love how it turned out. I actually kept two of these and have also used the other, so watch for that make too, coming up.


The shaker window is quite deep, there's about 1/2 inch of height to play with and I think this makes for a very fun shaker! As soon as I saw this fabulous skull paper, I knew I wanted to combine it with the little diecut skulls and bones that come with the Coffin Die Set. I found a circle die in my Whimsy stash that was a good fit for the plastic window, diecut the paper with that and attached the window to the paper with wet glue.


I used another fabulous paper from the Hocus Pocus Paper Pack to create the backing for the shaker window that had spiders on it and added the little die cut skulls and bones from the Coffin set. I then added some Sprinkletz and Sparkletz which I cherry picked from a couple of sets to get the look I wanted. I pulled the plain matt black discs out of the shaker set called Sprinkletz Hocus Pocus and the Spiders from the Sparkletz Creepy set, I also added some Pomegranate Solid Iridescent Sequins to give a little shimmer and shine which I had in my stash. A fun little bespoke mix of sequins, the pièce de résistance being the skulls and crossbones of course, how fun are they?!


I initially made the card without the pink scalloped frame, but felt it needed a little something extra to set the shaker window apart from the base paper layer. The largest of the scalloped circles was a perfect fit for this, so I diecut it in the same pink as I cut the sentiment from and added it to the card. The sentiment needed a little something too, to set it apart from the background, it's always a trick, when you've got quite a busy paper, so I backed it with white, off setting it just a little. 


Thanks for popping in to visit today. I hope you enjoyed seeing my Halloween Candy Skull Shaker. It was such a fun creation to make. If you've not seen our latest Digital Release at Whimsy, check out the sweet Halloween and Autumn fun via the banner above. I'll be back again soon with my next crafty adventure. Until then, stay safe and have some crafty fun! Hugs xoxo 






Comments

Chris said…
Fun and fabulous! Love the papers and colours, I'm always impressed by shaker cards, the selotape packaging works really well and those tiny skulls and bones amongst the sequins are so cute!
xx
Sarah said…
Oh wow!!! This is sensational Wends, the colour pallette is fantastic and you were right to add the scalloped frame, it really pushes the shaker element forward xx
coldwaters2 said…
This is brilliant Wendy loving the colours you have used also the skulls it is definitely spookalicious
hugs
lorraine x
Pat said…
Fabulous Halloween shaker card Wends, love those papers, great colours.

Pat xx
Fikreta said…
gorgeous card!
Faye Wynn-Jones said…
Such a fab pink halloween card x

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy