Whimsy Stamps ~ Chinese Lunar New Year

Hey there crafty friends. I'm sneaking in today a little early, to celebrate the Chinese Lunar New Year! Wishing you all a much better year than the last two! These two little Tigers really are not sure about this New Year Malarkey, after the previous two years. I think they're reserving judgement! 


I've used a really cute set of Tigers from Whimsy Stamps that I had the privilege to work with when they were released as part of our fabulous Tigers Paper Door set. We've had to wait a good long while, but these have been released finally as a wonderful clear stamp set. So it's lovely to get to play with these cuties again! 


We're packing up the house at the moment for our big house move, so I snatched a few minutes to craft this cute Chinese New Year card at the end of the day. I was losing light, so the pics are a little less crisp than I'd like, I'll try to retake the pics tomorrow in better light. But of course want to share these with you today!


I thought this sweet Tiger set would be really fun to create a Chinese New Year card with. I think the slimline frame is kinda perfect too, it reminded me of some little red Chinese envelope decorations I've seen previously for celebrating Chinese New Year. We don't celebrate, but I have fond memories of visits to London during Chinese New Year, so thought it would be fun to create this with these cute Tigers. Hubby was talking about his workmate who celebrates, just having his hair cut and it made me think on it being year of the Tiger, which is actually my little boy Zac's Chinese year. So I just wanted to have a go at creating a card this year. It's very simple, but with the snazzy gold card, I think it works! I wish you all a much better year and wish you love, health and abundance. 


We are running a challenge on the Whimsy Stamps Facebook Group at the moment, which will run until the end of February. The Treasures Team are showcasing some of these lovely sets above over January and February, so our challenge is to share creations that you have used any of these sets on. If you own any of these sets, be sure to come and join in the fun with us! There's a $25 Whimsy Stamps Gift Card up for grabs.


I need to get back to packing but I'll see you in a couple of days with a new crafty adventure. Until then, hugs and happy crafting and Happy Chinese Lunar New Year! xoxo

Update: I've added this card as my contribution for our current Sweet Stampin' challenge too. I am totally out of time to create a new 'Mardi Gras/Celebrations' card, as I really need to focus on packing. So I'm multi-tasking this creation! Hugs and thanks for understanding. It's boxarama here right now! LOL.







Comments

ionabunny said…
Love Whimsy stamps and dies. Love your card. Perfect for the new year and the frame die and tigers are just adorbs. Hugz
Sarah said…
I am reserving judgement too but so far, so good!! What a lovely card this is, they are super cute and look rather splendid against that China inspired red and gold combo xx
Dawn T said…
How adorable Wendy. Such a fun card.
Well done on grabbing some crafting time in the chaos, Wends. Love this gorgeous card - the images are sweet, but the framing is what really 'makes' it
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy