Whimsy Stamps ~ Aloe Dahling

Hey there crafty friends. I'm here today with a couple of cute cards created with a sweet Cactus/Succulent stamp set from Whimsy Stamps. I really like cacti and succulents, we have several potted cactus at ours and succulents too, so it was fun colouring up these sweet images. Our poor cacti didn't fear too well in the house shift. We have a very sunny front yard now and thinking they would like the heat, I put them out there for a day, they were so sun scorched, they're struggling to recover! Fingers crossed I can get them back to health. 


I've been uncovering my stash little by little, but at the stage I made these cards, I could only find the box of stamps I'd set aside to work with straight after the shift, my multicoloured inks and eventually after much hunting my black ink too! I was worried about how I was going to get these images coloured up as I only had multicoloured inks at first! Not to be put off though, I decided to use the multicoloured inks to create a fun background with this fabulous chevron background stamp from Whimsy. I just love how the gradient of colour came out with the multicoloured ink, so easy, but so pretty! 


The first box of crafty stuff I unpacked, had these lovely pink and blue card and envelope sets which I'd ordered not long before our move. I couldn't find my white ones, so I just ran with it and mixed and matched the card bases and envelopes to work with my design. I added a bit of simple embossing to the card bases for a bit of interest.


I eventually found the box with the rest of my inks in, so got these cute succulents inked up for colouring with my copics, which I didn't pack, they travelled with me in the car! I decided to pull out the blues from the multicoloured ink background to make the pots match. Each a little different, but all the hues are in the multicoloured ink. I used slightly different greens for each of the succulents too, which I think looks fab for a bit of variation. 


Thanks for popping in to visit today. I cannot believe how fast this year is going already. I know I've been crazy busy lately, but honestly, how are we almost mid March? We will have another fabulous mini new release at Whimsy Stamps tomorrow and I'll be back soon with another crafty adventure and with the launch of our March/April Whimsy Challenge too. So watch this space! Hugs and happy crafting xoxo 








Comments

Chris said…
These are so cute Wends, love the sweet little stamps and your colourful background designs, the pink and blue card blanks make a fun change from white. It's not easy when you move house and can't find your stuff but it's early days yet!
Hope your cacti survive
xxx
Sarah said…
Cute cards Wends, I do love a good pun!! Hope you are all settling in to your new home xx
Dawn T said…
love the colour combo Wendy. Glad you are settling into your new place. You'll eventually find everything

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy