Whimsy Stamps ~ Easter Gift Tags

Hey friends, I'm back again with my second post today. I wanted to share these tags in seperate posts, so a rare 'two in a day' from me today. This second set of tags, is quite a different feel to the colourful first two I shared. These muted tones feel a little more serene and 'grown up', so I'm hoping my mother-in-law will be able to use these for gifts that match in tone. 


The tags bases are ready-made cream tags I had in my stash, which I smooshed the lovely new Saltwater Taffy Distress Oxide ink onto and then stamped the sentiments over top with VersaFine Black Onyx Ink. Very quick and easy tags to make. I just added some pretty organza ribbon in a toning pink with tails for tying to a parcel and a pretty double bow to finish the design. I did use a black pen over some of the inking, as even with VersaFine Ink, the Distress Oxide resisted some of the ink laying down properly. So I touched it up in places with a Fudebiyori Black Brush Tip pen from Zig.


I made up a little heart topped gift box from some gift box bases I had in my stash and added some pretty floral paper from a Whimsy Paper Pack called Calico. I distressed the edges with my scissors and added it with strong wide double sided tape. The tags went to my mother in law, which happily arrived with her birthday parcel in time for her birthday on Easter Sunday. But this wee gift box actually went to our neighbours, who we found out yesterday, had contracted Covid, right before they were due to go away to the Gold Coast to visit family! So I included this wee box, filled with Lindt Mini Easter Eggs and a few other treats to tide them over Easter.


There's little else to say about these sweet tags. All the elements I've used are in the thumbnails below and as I mentioned in my previous post, I'll be back with a scheduled post tomorrow to round off my Easter posts. Wishing you a restful, peaceful, beautiful Easter break. Hugs xoxo






Comments

How beautiful Wends - love these!!! That new colour is such a soft pink.
How generous you are to give and Easter 'care package' to your neighbours after such a disappointment!
Blessings
Maxine
Chris said…
Lovely Easter tags Wend, so elegant. Your neighbours must be so disappointed, what rotten timing! So sweet of you to cheer them up with this thoughtful gift. hugs xxx
Sarah said…
Oh you are a lovely lady and what lucky neighbours to have someone so caring close by. Beautiful tags xx

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy