Whimsy Stamps ~ Whimsy Wednesday

Hey crafty friends, earlier in my journey designing for Whimsy Stamps, I used to do a Whimsy Wednesday post, so I thought it'd be fun to use that title today, since my card is themed for the series Wednesday!  I had such fun creating this card and I'll be back with the follow up soon, which features another panel from this cool Misfits Quick Card Front Set from Whimsy Stamps. 


I've been having such fun watching the Wednesday series. I recently rewatched the first series before watching the second series through. After watching this, I had some ideas about creating a card which could be themed around the characters of this series. The Hyde intrigued me and when I was looking through my stash just hunting for inspiration, I came across the panel with this intriguing yellow eyed character and it made me think of the Hyde from the Wednesday series. 


The Hyde doesn't actually look like this, none of these images look like the actual characters, but they are part of groups with similar 'abilities' so I decided I'd make this card as if these characters were Nevermore Academy 'alumni' from these specific groups. The images I think were kinda fun and worked well for the groups I chose to represent, the Hydes, the Sirens and the Avians. There are lots of character groups I could have chosen from but I think these fit really well. 


I think this slightly sinister looking character was a fun choice for the Siren and the dark eyed character I chose for the Avian, was the right size for the frames, so I went through a few options of 'groups' she could belong to, but Avian felt like the best fit. 


I stamped names of the 'groups' using the Alphabet Mini Clear Stamps onto white cardstock, which I used two distress inks, Old Paper and Frayed Burlap to colour the cardstock. I edged each little panel with Vintage Photo ink. I then layered the inked and stamped panels onto gold cardstock which was die-cut with one of the Quick Strips 4 dies, to add details to each end of the gold matte. I distressed the gold mattes with black VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink to knock back the brightness of the gold and make it sit better in this scene with its more grungy finish.


Thanks for popping in today friends. I hope you enjoyed this make and if you'd like to see some of my creative process, you can watch the video below.

VIDEO HERE

If you're creating with any Whimsy Stamps products for Halloween, please do come and enter your makes into the Whimsy Stamps September Halloween Challenge. There's a $50 Gift Certificate up for grabs from Whimsy Stamps for one lucky randomly drawn winner! So it's well worth entering. You can click through on the banner below to head to the challenge.


We have had two amazing releases for Halloween during August and our first one for September was released on the 1st. There is a great mix of dark Halloween for those who enjoy the spookier side of Halloween but also some too cute to spook sets too. Which y'all know is my kind of Halloween fun! The most recent Whimsy Stamps release was on the 15th, so be sure to check it out, it's full of really fun and fantastic elements, my favourite release of the season so far!


I had such fun with this creation and I'll be back with another crafty adventure very soon, in the meantime, I wish you a beautiful and creative week. Hugs, Wends xoxo















(I share thumbnails to the elements I design with in order to make your search for them easier, in case you like something I've used. I do use affiliate links where possible, which gives me a tiny commission but costs you no extra whatsoever. I do not make a commission from the Whimsy Stamps Links. But these links help the companies I design for to improve their marketing practice and track my contributions. I am deeply grateful if you use them for these reasons. I am proud to design for the companies I do and always feel happy to share where my inspiration and where my crafty stash comes from. I am occasionally gifted products to use, but I only design for companies whose products I absolutely love and buy for myself. My opinions are always my own.)

Challenge Entries:

Comments

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy