Sylvia's Fairy

P1050766        P1050775

Can I just say for the record, I am a HUGE 'Sylvia Zet' fan! I just love her beautiful dreamy, romantic images. I absolutely love her style. Each stamp has it's special magic. Her designs have a little 'je ne sais quoi', a touch of magic and I find them utterly enchanting. To work with them is pure joy. So today, I found myself lost in another world happily colouring this beautiful 'Silver Fairy' image, bringing the wings to life with a little sparkle thanks to my 'Glitter Magic'. I was so happy with the Promarker colour I used on the dress and the perfect match I found in the mauve mat paper. Now, if you look a little closer at the colouring, you'll realise this is very early days for me with my Promarkers. There's a bit of colour bleed here and there, but considering I'm a complete novice, I'm very happy with the finish.

I have wanted to use this lovely felt ribbon far more often than I've had occasion to do, I find it so intricate, it's difficult to place well. But I just love it on this card. I loved it so much on this card I initially used some of the off-cut flowers to finish the card, then decided a sentiment might work best, so changed to that. I used a 'white wording' rub-on, as I didn't want to have a strong black sentiment take away from the dreamy tone of the card. The words don't show up so well in the photograph, but did actually work well in reality. The mauve and background stripe paper is from a Stamps and Memories set - 'Baby Baby'. The pretty border on the mauve paper I made using a Martha Stewart border punch called 'Floral Lace'. I kept the embellishments to a minimum as I wanted the image to be the focal point, and allow it 'breathing space' to really shine. So let me know what you think, I'd love to hear x

P1050775

Here's a closer look at the lovely fairy x

Comments

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy