Sweet Blossom


P1050793

This image is a very early attempt of mine to colour with my new Promarker alcohol ink pens. Which is very evident from the messy edges and hesitant colouring. But this delicious Sylvia Zet stamp was the perfect stamp to try my new pens out on. I can't begin to tell you how much joy I had colouring this little sweety pie in. My daughter Georgie also wanted to have a go, so we had a little Mummy and Georgie time and this was the result...


P1050763

The card backing paper is a lovely one from a 2010 Kate Knight collection, that came with one of my favourite craft magazines - Cardmaking & Papercraft. Another generous giveaway from the good folks there. The design of the paper was so lovely, I wanted to cover it as little as possible, hence the very sparce design. The lace is a sweet one I picked up from my favourite embellishments store - Wild Orchid Crafts. I wove through the eyelets a narrow purple satin ribbon I had kicking around in my stash to tie in the colour scheme. The sentiment is a digital stamp from the 'DigiStamp Boutique'. I hand shredded the edge of the backing circle for the sentiment to give it a bit of movement and interest. I haven't seen this done before, it just occurred to me it could be fun in the absence of the scalloped die I had wanted to use. I am really pleased with the result and think it looks really run with the flower shape in the backing paper. Thanks for visiting my blog today xxx

Comments

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy