Whimsy Stamps ~ Vintage Halloween Circus Poster Card
Hey crafty friends, I'm back today with a fun Vintage Halloween Circus Poster inspired card. I googled to try to find some inspiration, which I had to specify pre-2021 to avoid AI stuff. I am not keen how much this is taking over our viewing and creative experiences. I wanted to try to find authentic vintage posters for my inspiration. I'm happy with how my card turned out though, which is more because of the wonderful elements that Whimsy has, than the inspiration I pulled up. But I think I captured the vibe nonetheless.
The starting point of this make, came from a panel I had inked some time back with an ombré ink pad. In all honesty, I'm not sure if I used the Desert Heat Kaleidacolor Ink Pad or the Serengeti Sunset Hero Arts one I have in my stash with similar tones, it could have been either and it's been in my 'backgrounds stash' for a while, so I'll pop them both in the thumbnails below, either would work well! You may recognise that fabulous background stamp from the previous Sweet Stampin' post I shared. I used the same stamp but with a more Bohemian theme. It's such a versatile background stamp. I really love the range of Background Stamps from Whimsy, they have an amazing selection and they have become some of my most used, best loved stash. This Cosmic Swirl is definitely a classic bit of stash I'll never part with.
I used Whimsy's Star Dangle Stencil to add the fun star detail at the top of the design. I blended two Lunar Pastes together to get that custom colour. I love how this turned out and the shine is so much nicer in reality, than shows up in the video or these stills. But the angle of this shot below shows it a little better. I love how well all those little dots came out, such great details! The Lunar pastes I mixed together were Guppy and Tangent which is a Neon paste. It worked a treat. I used Glitter Brush Markers on the flame, which again does not show here, but when the light catches it, gives a fun glittery touch to the flame. I used three colours Red Shimmer, Orange Juice and Sunshine Yellow to give the flame a gradient of colour.
I have a video of the process of making this card. So if you're interested to see the process I went through adding the stencilled details, and the stamping, you can watch it here or over on the YouTube Channel if you'd like to be able to skip forward, as I've added chapters you can skip to if you'd like to watch specific parts or skip back and rewatch any elements.
Whimsy has shared two Halloween releases during August and they're both full of fun Halloween stamp and die sets. If spooky Halloween is your jam, check out the earlier release which had some fantastic sets including the two I've used for this make today. The second release had an adorable set from Crissy Armstrong, whose characters I adore, so I'm looking forward to getting to colour that up! As always, Whimsy has something for everyone, whatever your preferred style.
We are also having a fun Halloween Challenge during August at Whimsy Stamps, so if you're already creating for Halloween and have used anything Whimsy on your post, do come and join us for the fun there. There's no limit to entries and you have until the end of August to join in. One lucky entrant will be randomly chosen to win a $50 Whimsy Stamps Gift Certificate. You can click through on the banner below to head to the post for this.
I'm sharing this card over on the Sweet Stampin' Challenge blog too. We have a fortnightly challenge and this coincides well with my Whimsy post this time. So you'll see this card there as well. Our theme is 'Use A Diecut'. I've used the fabulous new Deckle Edge Die Set from Whimsy to frame this design. I love this new die set so much! I've wanted a Deckle Edge Die Set for so long and did look at a couple from other companies who released sets previously, but they were never 'quite right' for me. So I'm delighted with this new set from Whimsy. They always bring something a little extra special to the table and they have not disappointed with this release. I am so incredibly happy with this set! It's an absolute bonus that the set includes a specific deckle edged die for their fun new Spell Book Stamp set too.
I hope you'll come and join us for our 'Use A Diecut' Challenge at Sweet Stampin'. We'd love to see how you'd be inspired to create for this challenge. Do pop by the blog via the banner above to see what my talented teamies did for this challenge too, I love the way their creative minds work! I'll be back again soon with another crafty adventure, until then, I wish you a beautiful and creative week. Hugs, Wends xoxo
(I share thumbnails to the elements I design with in order to make your search for them easier, in case you like something I've used. I do use affiliate links where possible, which gives me a tiny commission but costs you no extra whatsoever. I do not make a commission from the Whimsy Stamps Links. But these links help the companies I design for to improve their marketing practice and track my contributions. I am deeply grateful if you use them for these reasons. I am proud to design for the companies I do and always feel happy to share where my inspiration and where my crafty stash comes from. I am occasionally gifted products to use, but I only design for companies whose products I absolutely love and buy for myself. My opinions are always my own.)
Challenge Entries:
Just Us Girls: #838 ~ Stencil Week
Unicorn Challenge: #123 ~ Layer It Up
Stencil Fun Challenge: August ~ Stencil Fun
Simon Says Monday Challenge: Lots of Layers
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes
Colour Hues Challenge: #139 ~ Yellow and Orange
Addicted To Stamps & More: #524 ~ Any Occasion
Krafty Chicks Challenge: #835 ~ Masculine Challenge
Creative Inspirations Challenge: August ~ Anything Goes

























Comments