Whimsy Stamps ~ SBC Exclusive Eeks & Squeaks Quick Card Fronts

Hey crafty friends, I'm excited to share these beyond adorable and way too cute to spook Quick Card Fronts from Whimsy Stamps. They're being released exclusively through Scrapbook.com this month, which is such a fun promotion with them. I've made three spooky but cute cards with this adorable set.


I've used several really fun die sets from Whimsy Stamps to frame these panels. The first one in the middle here, I've used the Fantasy Frame Die Set. This die cuts out all those fun diamond shapes, so I cut a second one from gold cardstock and paper pieced the little gold diamonds in place. I diecut the main frame from Sizzix black glitter cardstock from their Black Opulent Cardstock Pack.


I used a sentiment from the same Quick Card Fronts set which I diecut with Whimsy's Quick Strips 4 Die Set and then matted with a gold layer for a bit of interest. I love all the little gold details on this card, they really elevate the scene I think. I diecut a few extra tiny diamonds from the Fantasy Frame Die Set, but I cut a few from the Twinkle Swirl Die which has some slightly smaller diamonds, so I could add a few over the cauldron for a magical sparkle. That's all I added to this panel, I think it had enough going on with all the gold details.


The next card, I diecut a simpler frame. The frame itself is quite fancy, but this is the diecut leftovers, the frame that's left behind when you diecut the Retro Mod Frame. I love how this worked to frame this card. I used the same black glitter cardstock from the Sizzix Black Opulent Cardstock Pack, it just worked so nicely with these first two panels and their inky scenes. 


I used another sentiment from the Quick Card Fronts set and diecut it this time with a long rustic banner from the Quick Strips 2 Die Set. I cut two extra mattes from gold cardstock and adhered one a little to the left and with a little showing above the sentiment strip. The second gold matte I added a little to the right and a little lower than the sentiment, so the two framed out the sentiment in gold. I love the touch of gold on this one. I added a diecut witch flying across the moon and a little crow in one of the trees on the right.  I added some subtle highlights with a gelly roll sparkle on the witch and crow and added some magical sparkles around the central image too. Not super easy to see in these pics, but they're there and add some extra magical sparkle. 


The third one of my cards I took a slightly different approach. I made a tri-fold card so I could create a peek-a-boo front to the card, but it opens to reveal the full panel. I've added a second sentiment on the inside and three little bats over the moon for a bit of added interest. I haven't snapped a pic of the inside yet but will share a reel soon which shows the card open. 


I used another lovely cardstock from the Sizzix Black Opulent Cardstock Pack. This one is the Pearl cardstock from the set and has a lovely sheen to it. I diecut the front of the panel with a very cool die which comes from Whimsy's Savior Die Set, it reminds me of the hedgerow windows we saw when living in the UK and I love using it. It creates a really fun peek-a-boo window through to the image panel. I diecut the sentiment strip on the front here with a die from the Quick Strips 2 Die Set, this one has a really cool drippy base to it which I think is so fun on Halloween cards. Fab for icy Christmas cards too, a great set to have! I took a similar approach to the gold mattes for this sentiment, but mounted them above and below slightly. 


Whimsy has their first Halloween release live and it's full of creepy cool imagery, so if spooky Halloween is your jam, check it out via the banner above. I'm definitely more of a too cute to spook gal, but I'm intrigued by these creepy circus images, so I'll be having a play soon. Come on back to see the result of that. Until then, I wish you lots of Halloween fun and shenanigans. We're having a challenge over on the Whimsy Stamps Inspiration Blog we'd love you come join in that with your Whimsy Halloween creations. We'd love to see what you're inspired to create! Thanks for popping in today and I'll be back with another crafty adventure very soon. Hugs, Wends xoxo











(I share thumbnails to the elements I design with in order to make your search for them easier, in case you like something I've used. I do use affiliate links where possible, which gives me a tiny commission but costs you no extra whatsoever. It helps the companies I design for to improve their marketing practice and track my contributions. I am deeply grateful if you use them for these reasons. I am proud to design for the companies I do and always feel happy to share where my inspiration and where my crafty stash comes from. I am occasionally gifted products to use, but I only design for companies whose products I absolutely love and buy for myself. My opinions are always my own.)

Challenge Entries:

Comments

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy