Sweet Stampin' ~ Cute

Hey crafty friends, it's time for a new challenge at Sweet Stampin' and this time we want to see your 'cute' creations. I have been having fun with the Heroween Halloween Kit. I've not had much time to play, but did manage to make two creations so far, this is the second of the two. I shared the first for our last Sweet Stampin' challenge. I think the lil' ghosts in this kit are so dang cute, so wanted to create a card with these cuties. 


This Heroween Kit is very heavy on the diecutting elements, but they do have a few great sentiment stamps in the kit, which of course they've included the outline dies for. So I've created a majority of the design with diecuts, but did manage to sneak in a little stamped sentiment in there to met our requirements as a challenge. We are a stamping challenge after all!


I think these lil' ghosts are beyond adorable. I've diecut them from a soft grey cardstock so they would stand out against the white cardstock. I created the background for this design from a piece of cardstock I had diecut the Echo Park Boo Die Set from. I just thought the layout of these dies looked so fun when the dies were cut, so I held onto it to use this way. I've had this sitting in my stash since last year this way, so it was really lovely to pull it out and use it. As soon as I saw the candy corns, the idea started coming together. 


I completed the design, then realised I needed to add some stamping because it was all diecuts at this point, enter the fabulous sentiments from the Heroween Kit, which I stamped in VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink and diecut with the matching outline dies. I thought the 'Have A Haunting Halloween' was perfect to pair with these cute ghosts. The sentiments come from Day 2 of the kit and the candy corn and ghosts from Day 8. The little bats completed this design perfectly and were from Day 5. I also used the lovely black stars which were the embellishments included in the kit. This was a quick and fun make. I especially liked diecutting the candy corn from three cardstocks, including the orange glitter cardstock and rather than do them all the same, I mixed them up, so each had unique placements of the colours. Not very realistic I know, but I think it looks fun. I chose the yellow when I was playing with A2 panel options trying out different ones. I went for an orange first, but the yellow was just so striking and fun in this design and I absolutely love this bright playful choice. 


Thanks ever so much for popping in to visit today, I'm so grateful if you leave a comment so I know you've been by! It always makes my day to know there are still crafty friends out there who enjoy blogging like I do. I'll be back with another creative adventure soon, in the meantime, be sure to stop by the Sweet Stampin' blog to see what my talented teamies have been up to for this challenge and we hope you'll join us with your cute creations too! Hugs, Wends xoxo















(I share thumbnails to the elements I design with in order to make your search for them easier, in case you like something I've used. I do use affiliate links where possible, which gives me a tiny commission but costs you no extra whatsoever. It helps the companies I design for to improve their marketing practice and track my contributions. I am deeply grateful if you use them for these reasons. I am proud to design for the companies I do and always feel happy to share where my inspiration and where my crafty stash comes from. I am occasionally gifted products to use, but I only design for companies whose products I absolutely love and buy for myself. My opinions are always my own.)

Challenge Entries:

Comments

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy