Whimsy Stamps ~ Book of Magic
Hey crafty friends, I've had a lot of fun creating this sweet Book of Magic with the fabulous Book Die Set from Whimsy Stamps. I was so excited when I saw this die set as I knew it would be a lot of fun to play with. They released this one as a Fairy Tale book, but you can theme it however you wish! They released a Book Stamp Set too during their Halloween releases and it is awesome as well, I'm keen to get that inked up soon too. But for now, let me share my Book Die adventures with you.
I put together the little Book Die and topped it with a panel from the Dreamland 1 Quick Card Fronts Set. How fab is this combination with the lovely Mica background?! I say it's a Mica Background, but this may well have been from the other side of the paper, as there wasn't a lot of visible Mica on this panel, but lots of gorgeous colour which was an incredible match for this Quick Card Front. I was super pleased with this pairing.
I added a little fence and gate from the Rails and Fences Die Set from Whimsy, which I diecut from Black Cardstock, Raven from Spellbinders, and then ran some white ink across it to dirty and dusty it up a little. I did the same to the book layers, to make them look older and a little dusty. The die for the pages, at the base of the book, I diecut from some left overs I had inked with Old Paper, Tea Dye and some Frayed Burlap. I think I say in the video of this make, that I used Vintage Photo, but it was in fact Tea Dye, with the other two. I think it gave a really nice 'old book pages' vibe to this part of the make. I white heat embossed the book name on the spine, and stamped the 'collector's edition' as if it was a library stamp on the base of the book.
The last stamp to add was the final sentiment, which I stamped in VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink directly on the watercolour base panel. This panel was diecut with the newer Deckle Layers Die Set for that lovely deckle edge finish. I mounted this panel onto a black panel and then onto a top folding card base. You can see a lot of my creative process in the video below.
Whimsy has shared the last of their Halloween releases on September 30th, so we're moving into Fall and Christmas releases in October. I however will still be crafting for Halloween because it's my favourite and I can't think of Christmas until Halloween in done!
Thanks for popping in to visit friends, I hope you enjoyed seeing my creative adventures with this make and I look forward to sharing my next creative adventure with you very soon. Hugs and happy crafting, Wends xoxo
(I share thumbnails to the elements I design with in order to make your search for them easier, in case you like something I've used. I do use affiliate links where possible, which gives me a tiny commission but costs you no extra whatsoever. I do not make a commission from the Whimsy Stamps Links. But these links help the companies I design for to improve their marketing practice and track my contributions. I am deeply grateful if you use them for these reasons. I am proud to design for the companies I do and always feel happy to share where my inspiration and where my crafty stash comes from. I am occasionally gifted products to use, but I only design for companies whose products I absolutely love and buy for myself. My opinions are always my own.)
Challenge Entries:






































Comments