Sweet Stampin' ~ Autumn Heroween Fun

Hi crafty friends, we're having an Autumn challenge at Sweet Stampin' this time around. I'm a little late sharing my make, the challenge went live on the 26 September, but life is a little full right now, with my energy needed elsewhere in my wider family. I'll be updating my posts as I'm able. There's still a week left of the challenge, so I hope you'll come join in the fun with us. The theme is really broad and open to interpretation, you just need to include some stamping on your make. I bought the fun Heroween Halloween Kit recently as it's totally my kind of Halloween vibe and I must say there are some super cute die sets in there and I'm loving the range of sentiments with their matching die sets too. I think I'll be pulling this out every year now! 


Even though it's Spring here in New Zealand, Autumn means Halloween to me. The colours and everything the Northern Hemisphere associates with this time of year speaks to my Autumn soul including Halloween! Fortunately the early days of Spring can be quite Autumn-like in feel here in Auckland, so I can fool myself into thinking the season matches! I'm having great fun exploring the elements in this kit and I've combined two different days from the kit to create this card. I've used the Jeepers Creepers sentiment from the Day 2 Stamp and Die Set and I've used the Trick or Treat Word Die Set and the Spider from the Day 8 Die Set. 


I set the scene with the awesome Web Background Rubber Cling Stamp from Whimsy Stamps, it was a perfect fit for this card. You may recall if you've been watching my videos, that I shared the stamping of this background as part of THIS VIDEO. There are chapters in the video, so you can skip forward to the section that shows this stamping specifically. The timestamp is about 13:50. I use a cool multicolour Kaleidacolor ink to stamp this background to achieve this cool gradient effect. The ink I used was the Cappuccino Delight which has a fun ombré blend of Autumnal colours. 


I added the Jeepers Creepers which I stamped in VersaFine Clair Purple Delight. I did write over the top with a Gelly Roll Sparkle Pen, so it shimmers in the light. I diecut the stamped layer and a couple of extra white layers to glue underneath with the matching die from the set, so the sentiment would have a little dimension. I then diecut the main Trick or Treat sentiment from purple glitter cardstock and that was added without layering, straight to the stamped base. I did use the die negative to help me line up the elements when adhering them down to the base, so I would get the spacing right. 


It will be very hard to see, but that little spider is dangling by a thin invisible thread, so when you pick up the card, he swings! A fun kinetic element to the card. I diecut the spider twice and adhered one front and back either side of the string which I created a little nest of thread to adhere between the two layers, so it wouldn't just pull straight out if tugged on by a little person. I added 3 purple gems from Loose Lemon, a craft store here in New Zealand, which were just perfect to complete the design. I diecut the web panel with a Whimsy Stamps Stitched Border Die that is part of their Honeycomb Die Set, but I needed to shorten the bottom of the cut, as the Web Background was a little shorter than the actual die, so there's a tiny glitch in the bottom left corner, but we'll just call that distressing and move right past it, hehe.


Because the Web Background was a little shorter than the A2 panel I was mounting the card onto, I mounted it with a little extra space at the base of the design and to add a little interest where that extra space was, just ran a few embossed lines across the bottom using my score tool. That way the extra space looked intentional and it balanced the design nicely. I mounted the finished panel onto a gorgeous card base cut from Scrapbook.com's Premium Cardstock in the colour Eggplant. I've made two cards with this kit so far. I'm time poor right now, so I'm not rushing to complete lots of makes at once, but I love the 'too cute to spook' feel of this Halloween Kit and hope to get some more cards created before I run out of October!


Thanks ever so much for popping in to visit today, I'm so grateful if you leave a comment so I know you've been by! It always makes my day to know there are still crafty friends out there who enjoy blogging like I do. I'll be back with another creative adventure soon, in the meantime, be sure to stop by the Sweet Stampin' blog to see what my talented teamies have been up to for this challenge and we hope you're join us too! Hugs, Wends xoxo






Retired Stamp Set












(I share thumbnails to the elements I design with in order to make your search for them easier, in case you like something I've used. I do use affiliate links where possible, which gives me a tiny commission but costs you no extra whatsoever. It helps the companies I design for to improve their marketing practice and track my contributions. I am deeply grateful if you use them for these reasons. I am proud to design for the companies I do and always feel happy to share where my inspiration and where my crafty stash comes from. I am occasionally gifted products to use, but I only design for companies whose products I absolutely love and buy for myself. My opinions are always my own.)

Challenge Entries:

Comments

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy