Whimsy Stamps ~ Dizzy Spiders Kinetic Halloween Card

Hey crafty friends, I'm over on the Whimsy Stamps Channel today with a really fun Kinetic Halloween Card Creation. I've used several different kinetic elements on this card and I step through the process of adding these fun kinetic elements. It's such a busy and fun card and I know there'll be a little person in my family who will have really enjoy receiving this cute spinny shaky swingy card.


There’s nothing more fun than a kinetic element for a kids card and there are actually four kinetic elements on this card! I’ve created a card that features a full front shaker element with tiny spiders and teeny spiders eggs! I added a spider on an action wobble, 2 spiders on spinners and for the last kinetic surprise, a swinging spider inside the card! It was so fun to make! You can check out the full creation video of this fun card over on the Whimsy Stamps YouTube Channel. I'll embed the video further down the post.


The spiders are from Whimsy's Fuzzy Spiders Stamp Set and they really are so cute. I've used them in several earlier makes. These two little ones are the ones that are on charm spinners, so they spin around in a fun whirly fashion. The beautiful background they're mounted over was stamped with VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink and Clear Heat Embossed using Whimsy's fabulous Slimline Spider Webs Background Rubber Cling Stamp. It's one of my favourite stamps for Slimline Halloween creations. I have previous creations you can see using this slimline background stamp here, here and here


This bigger spider I mounted onto an Action Wobble for a bit of extra kinetic fun. Here wobbles when you tap him and wriggles when the shaker well is being tipped up and down. That alone is a fun feature on a card, but I couldn't resist putting the little spiders on charm spinners, so it's a very busy but fun card front! I kept the sentiment quite simple. I stamped it directly onto the acetate with Stazon Jet Black Ink, as Stazon will dry on acetate no worries. But it didn't stand out overly well, so I ended up taking my black gloss gelly roll pen and tracing overtop to give the sentiment a bit of gloss and shine and make it more visible, which worked really well. You can see it more clearly in the IG Reel or YouTube Short, showing it in action.


I've embedded the video here if you'd like to take a peek, if you'd like to skip through to specific elements, click here for the Whimsy YouTube Channel, which has the version with the chapters. You can skip forward or back to revisit different elements of the design. 


We are having some fun at Whimsy for Halloween. We have a GIF game over in our Inspiration Facebook Group, you can share the names of your favourite Halloween characters with us and one lucky commenter will win a $25 Whimsy Stamps Gift Certificate. It's where all the fun happens during our Halloween season, so sign up to the group if you're not already. Link through on the banner above. 


We are also having a fun Halloween Challenge during August. Come and join in with your creations which 'feature' a Whimsy design element on them. There's no limit to entries and you have until the end of August to join in. One lucky entrant will be randomly chosen to win a $50 Whimsy Stamps Gift Certificate. You can click through on the banner above to the post for this. 


Whimsy has just had the first of their two August Halloween Releases, the next one will go live on August 20th. This one is a bit spookier than I usually like, but there are some intriguing circus themed elements in it, so I may just be brave and do a little dark Halloween creating with some of the release. Watch this space for that! You can click through on the banner above directly to the Whimsy Store for the latest release. Thank you for popping in to visit today, I will be back again soon with another crafty adventure, until then, happy creating! Hugs, Wends xoxo















(I share thumbnails to the elements I design with in order to make your search for them easier, in case you like something I've used. I do use affiliate links where possible, which gives me a tiny commission but costs you no extra whatsoever. It helps the companies I design for to improve their marketing practice and track my contributions. I am deeply grateful if you use them for these reasons. I am proud to design for the companies I do and always feel happy to share where my inspiration and where my crafty stash comes from. I am occasionally gifted products to use, but I only design for companies whose products I absolutely love and buy for myself. My opinions are always my own.)

Challenge Entries:

Comments

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy