Sweet Stampin' ~ Stripes or Chevrons

Hey crafty friends, it's time for a new challenge at Sweet Stampin' and this time we're having a Stripes or Chevrons challenge. My card is a bit of a twist on the theme, as my stripes are swirly stripes. But I think they're really fun! 


I've used a cool Cosmic Swirl rubber stamp from Whimsy Stamps to add these fun swirly stripes. I used several different ink colours from Catherine Pooler to create a gradient of colours for a bit of fun. I coloured up this cute hippie from Krista Smith and love how it turned out. I matched some sequins with two of the colours and added them on opposing sides of the design for a bit of added interest. I used a simple sentiment to complete the design. I know it's from one of my Whimsy Stamps sets, but can't find the exact one in my stash right now. The cool frame die is an Old Paper die from Gummiapan. It's actually square, so I did a partial diecut to edit it to a rectangle frame. I mounted the panel on foam before mounting it to the kraft card base. The image was also added with a bit of foam for added dimension. 


I hope you'll come and join us for this fun Stripes or Chevrons challenge. We'd love to see how you'd be inspired to create for this challenge. Do pop by the blog via the banner above to see what my talented teamies did for this challenge too, I love the way their creative minds work! I'll be back again soon with another crafty adventure, until then, I wish you a beautiful and creative week. Hugs, Wends xoxo











(I share thumbnails to the elements I design with in order to make your search for them easier, in case you like something I've used. I do use affiliate links where possible, which gives me a tiny commission but costs you no extra whatsoever. It helps the companies I design for to improve their marketing practice and track my contributions. I am deeply grateful if you use them for these reasons. I am proud to design for the companies I do and always feel happy to share where my inspiration and where my crafty stash comes from. I am occasionally gifted products to use, but I only design for companies whose products I absolutely love and buy for myself. My opinions are always my own.)

Challenge Entries:

Comments

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy