Ahoy Me Hearties


Ahoy there, thanks for popping in on me lil' blog. I've had some fun with this make, so let me get to it...

I made this card for a dear friend of mine, for her little boys 4th birthday. He's the cutest little blondie and so I tried to colour up this cute wee pirate to match. The wee cutie is a Nellie Snellen stamp, from a series of 'kids' images called 'Young Rebels' that I just love. The map is pre-coloured and comes from Tiddly Inks. It's from a pack called 'Map my Life - Pirate Mega Pack'. I just love the edgy finish on it. I didn't need to do anything special with it, as it already has all the torn edged look and distressed finish, so it was literally, print and cut and voila! I used a simple sentiment on craft card, which is from the LOTV 'Boy Oh Boy' A5 boys stamp pack, which includes some utterly gorgeous boy images and also some sentiment stamps to accompany them. The backing paper is from a the DCWV 'Rockstar Mat Stack'. There are some pretty cool grungy papers in there perfect for pirate makes!


I coloured the image with my Promarkers and used the metallic letraset markers to add metallic details here and there, such as on the pirate sword and buckle. I had a couple of great compass stamps in my stash, which I can't recall where I bought, but they were perfect to finish this card off using walnut stain distress ink. I also ran the distress ink pad along the twine to age it a bit and finished the card off with a lovely anchor charm which I bought from Mei Flower. A quick fun make, which I was really pleased with.


I finished the inside of the card with the same DCWV paper and used the fab treasure chest image from the Tiddly Inks Pirate Mega Pack to finish the card. Well that's all me hearties, anchors away for today ;) I'm off to colour a fab Mo Manning image for my little dudes 3rd Birthday tomorrow. Oh my, 3 years old! Where has the time gone?!!! See ya'll again soon xxx

Current Challenges:

A Little Bit Crafty ~ #2 Kraft It
Passion For Promarkers ~ #197 Birthdays
Through The Craftroom Door Challenge Blog ~ May 7-13th 'Anything Goes'
Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge ~ #182 Anything Goes

Comments

Loopylou. said…
he he he he!! awww thats gorgeous!!
huge hugs lou xxxx
pinky said…
What a cute wee card! I love it. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week.
Pinky
Andie's Space said…
Hi Wendy,
This looks fab. I love the cute image & the whole pirate theme. Such a wonderful card design. Thanks for joining us at Passion For Promarkers this week.
Hugs,
Andie xx
Sandra said…
Great boy's card!! Love all the DP and the image is so cute!
Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges!
Hugs,Sandra
Aww this is fantastic! Thank you so much for joining us at A Little Bit Crafty Challenges, hope to see you next time :-) Elaine DT -xxx- p.s I have candy if you would like to stop by and enter :-) http://www.sparklingblackrose-craftmylife.blogspot.co.uk/

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy