Southern Girls - Boys, Boys, Boys

It's time for our latest challenge at Southern Girls and this fortnight we want to see your creations for the boys in your life. Speaking of life, it's just whizzing by lately. So soon, well before I'm actually ready, my little boy will be starting school. It's come around way to fast for me. He's such a cutie, full of snuggles and sass. He's deep in negotiations with daddy right now, because he's earnest to convince him to step aside so that he can marry mummy. So sweet and innocent, and so utterly adorable. So I wanted to mark this momentous occasion of my little guy starting school with a special card. Imagine my delight when the sponsor for our new challenge at Southern Girls gave us these adorable lil' men to colour?! I used a sweet stamp from our fabulous sponsor Inky Impressions called Back To School Nicholas. Perfect I think for my lil' man's 'starting school' card.

16762245815_76ddfd52d7_o

I've used a fab school inspired paper set from My Mind's Eye for this make. It's called School Daze from their 'Six by Six' designer series. I cut the little school house from one of the pages and the sentiment too. I just love this paper pad, it's going to be really handy for school related layouts I want to do. I used a little Glossy Accents on the school bell added some tiny crayons and traffic light brads to finish the card. 

PicMonkey Collage School

Pretty clean and simple, but the paper does all the work really! I really wanted to draw a little path from the school house to the boy to link the images, but I was too chicken that I would muck it up, so you'll just have to 'imagine' that. LOL. My teamies at Southern Girls have been hard at work with their 'boys' creations to inspire you, so be sure to pop on over to the blog to check those out. Go have a look too at our wonderful sponsor - Inky Impressions stamps, they're fab! Better still come and join the challenge and you just might be our lucky winner!!


Thanks for popping in today to my lil' corner of blogworld. Life is very full in our household lately with family staying with us for a while. So not much time to be out enjoying all your gorgeous creations. But I do try occasionally to sneak in some visits. Hugs if I don't get to say hi for a bit. Wends x

Challenge Entries:
Cute Card Thursday: #364 ~ Celebrate
Crafting From The Heart: #50 ~ Anything Goes
Stamping Sensations: March ~ One For The Guys
4 Crafty Chicks: #237 ~ Cabin Fever (My lil' guy is for sure getting Cabin Fever, he's SO ready for big boy school!!)

Comments

mixamatoasties said…
Fab card Wends! Yeah and before you know it your little boy will almost be finished his second year of high school......:( I'll be much worse when Scott finishes primary in a couple of years!!

xx
Dawn T said…
Cute as Wendy. They were just images we got to work with.
I adore this card, great image and papers, fab
Chris said…
Your little lad sounds adorable! Sometimes I think that it's a shame that we can't keep them that little and innocent, we just have to enjoy it while it lasts! Your card is gorgeous, cute image, beautiful colouring and design, love the papers too-perfect for this card!
Chris
x
Loopylou. said…
eeeeeeeeeepers..Zakky at school soon...nope, I'm just not reading that!!! totally gorgeous card though hunny bun
huge hugs Lou xxx
Jacee said…
Fabulous card Wendy, love the image and the little crayons, lovely!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design
Tracy said…
So cute! Love the little school house cut out and those fun pencils. This little guy looks like he's more than ready to go to school and learn. :-)
brenda said…
A perfect card for the Guys Wendy, thanks so much for joining in at Stamping Sensations and sharing your lovely work with us.

B x
Tracy said…
Fabulous male creation, great design, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x
Unknown said…
Love all of the design elements on this one! Great image and wonderful coloring! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week.
Tina - DT
Lynne K said…
This is just adorable, Wendy, perfect for little guys about to start school! Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy