It's Halloween!!!

Hey there my lovely blogging buds. It's Halloween! Well at least it is in New Zealand. Sun rises first here you know?! My kiddos are so excited to get dressed up tonight and have a bit of Halloween fun. They're itching to get out their treat baskets. I love the fun too, just not so keen on them coming home with baskets full of candy! Oh well, extra teeth brushing tonight.


I have fallen a little bit in love with Mo Manning's sweet lil' witches. I made a card up for Sweet Stampin' last weekend using one of her little witches and I just couldn't resist colouring up another. So here is my second Mo Manning wee witch. She's called Tabitha and she's just the cutest wee witch with her cute cat. I really wanted to include some Halloween purple in this make, so dressed her out in that. I wasn't sure it would work not having any more purple in the rest of the card, but I think it lets her feature quite nicely.


I had diecut a few extra shapes for my card last week and had printed out some papers from Activity Village that I didn't end up using. So I decided to put them together for this card and happily the pumpkins in the image worked well with the pumpkin digital paper I'd printed. The tickets are from Kimberly Landmesser of The BearyScrap.com, which I coloured orange with my Halloween Promarker. The beautiful black diamante flower is from Flourish with a Bling. Love their fabric flowers, they're fabulous and they have a 50% discount running at the moment! The swirls around the flower are from a Cheery Lynn die, which I cut up to fit around the bloom better. The lamp and black cat are a 2 die set from Magnolia called Paris Night. I just love this set and don't use it nearly enough.


I'll post a couple of pics of the kiddies adventures later on after they've had their trick or treating fun. I hope you all enjoy the fun too. I'll be back soon with another crafty adventure. Happy Halloween Ya'll! Hugs, Wends x

Update: As promised. Here are my babies, back from their Halloween fun. Georgie was a wolf. Zac has outgrown his wee Gruffalo outfit, but he still wanted to wear it, bless. Think this will be the last year though. A fun night with enough candy to last the year!


Challenge Entries:
Deep Ocean Challenge: #115 ~ Halloween
Crafty Boots Challenge: Halloween/Autumn
Inkspirational Challenge: #94 ~ Cute Halloween
Gem of a Challenge: #156 ~ Too Cute To Spook
Allsorts Challenge: #334 ~ Orange, Purple & Black
City Crafters Challenge: #285 ~ Creatures of the Night
Quirky Crafts Challenge: #22 ~ Halloween & Autumn Colours

Comments

Sarah said…
A gorgeous card Wendy a nd Tabitha in purple is a perfect contrast to the black and orange. Hope you all have fun!!xx
Kirsty Vittetoe said…
What a fun creation, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!
Aww, another cutie Wends. I love, love, love the black silhouette die cuts! Hope the little ones have fun xx
Fabulous, she looks great and I love the dies x
Jacee said…
Love your 'spooky' card Wendy
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design
Elise said…
Happy Halloween on your end Wendy!!!!!!! :) I agree .. she is such a darling little witch .. I so love Mo's images!! What a DARLING Halloween card and you've coloured her so BEAUTIFULLY!

Hope you all have fun tonight trick or treating .. I agree .. I love it too! My little one will be Darth Vader this year .. hahahhaha! :)

Have a wonderful weekend!
Big hugs,
Elise
Great card, lovely design and such a cute image. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne
A super sweet little Halloween witch, Wends, you have a great eye for detailing.

Kramar
Maarit
Ros Crawford said…
What an adorable card and your kiddies look so cute! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!
Kim M said…
What a cute card! Your colouring is fabulous! Thanks for joining us over at Inkspirational! :-)
Kat W said…
Your Halloween card is super...I think the purple colouring on the image stands out so well from the orange papers...a fab combo :-) The black die cuts add a really striking finish.

Your little ones look great in their Halloween outfits and hope they got lots of candy!

Big hugs, Kat xx
coldwaters2 said…
Hi Wendy I must say this is one of the most beautifully designed Halloween cards I have seen the image and die cuts as well as the colours and papers are all top notch, the little ones look fantastic all dressed up.
hugs
lorraine x
Awesome sauce! That purple is set off nicely by the background colors, and you colored her amazingly! Those die cuts are fantabulous and that flower is now on my wish list! Gorgeous card and cute pics of your babies. :)
Mrs Beez said…
Fabulous card - great design and colouring. Thanks for joining in with Crafty Boots Challenges this time.
Yvonne Garner said…
Fabulous design work! Perfect for our challenge at Inkspirational!

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy