Fab 'n' Funky ~ Baby

Hey there lovelies. I'm sneaking in today to crash the Team Fab party at Fab 'n' Funky with a rogue post. I couldn't resist! I just LOVE A Day for Daisies images and when I found out they were having a 'Baby' themed challenge I just had to join in. Nothing to do of course with the fact that my baby sister is having her second bubba in a couple of months! Hehe.


I saw this divine image called Mama Kisses drawn by Tammy from A Day for Daisies and immediately thought of Klimt. I don't know whether Tammy drew this as a hat tip to Klimt, but it absolutely made me think of his beautiful gold leafed work. So, with my pot of Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Flakes, I set to work to try and add a little 'Klimt' magic to this beautiful image. For those of you not familiar with Gustav Klimt's work, take a peek here.


I used my distress markers and inks to colour this image. I wanted a soft dreamy palette, so they were perfect for that. I then added the gilding flakes over adhesive that I drew onto each flower. I coloured the flowers first and chose to leave some of the flower centres in red, rather than cover them all. I'm quite pleased I did, as the flowers lost some of their definition in the gilding. Next time, I think I would glue every alternate flower and do it in two passes, so there is a little more definition. I also would mask the faces next time too, as some of the darker guilding flakes left 'muddy' marks on the babes shoulder and mummy's face! They didn't rub off despite my best efforts, so will definitely mask next time. I was however, pretty happy with this first attempt at doing 'anything like this' for me!


I tore the top and bottom of the image panel and added some cheesecloth behind for a bit of texture, then stamped the lovely sentiment from Impression Obsession directly onto the copper brown shimmer cardstock and embossed in white. The sentiment is from a set called 'Straight From Heaven'.


One final pic that I snapped outside in a shaft of sunshine, that shows the colours really well. I just love the way the light shifts and changes the way the gilding flakes shimmer and shine. This really is so much nicer in reality. It's hard to capture the prettiness in a static image. But I hope you get the idea! 


Do pop into the challenge blog to see what the talented Team Fab girlies have done for this awesome challenge hosted by our lovely Jan. The images are delish and those girlies have done a stellar job with them. I hope you'll come join us with your own 'Baby' creation too. I'll be back again soon with another crafty adventure, until then, have an awesome and creative week. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Challenge Entries:
The Crafter's Cafe: #168 ~ CAS
The Ribbon Girl: Use Any Image
Crafting By Designs: March ~ Anything Goes
Colour Crazy Challenge: #8 ~ Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create: #194 ~ Sentimental Journey
Crafting From The Heart: #148 ~ Anything Goes
The Cutie Pie Challenge Blog: #108 ~ Simply Love
Crafty Creations Challenges: #336 ~ Anything Goes
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Based On A Book (my kiddos favourite - Guess How Much I Love You)

Comments

Juls said…
Wow this is stunning xx
Very different baby card, lovely
Pat said…
Oh so gorgeous Wends, I love the beautiful image and your soft colours are fantastic, a really beautiful make.

Pat xx
Chris said…
An original and unusual new baby card, it's truly beautiful. Love the image, I can definitely see why it reminds you of Klimt (a real favourite of mine!)and I love the way you've coloured and added the gold to the flowers,it's a fabulous design too, very simple and uncluttered a perfect frame for your beautiful image.
Congratulations to your sister...and to you too, Auntie!
Chris
x
Alison said…
I just love your beautiful and unusual baby card, Wends, and the gliding and soft pallete is amazing.
Alison xx
Sarah said…
Beautiful work Wends and I love your nod to Klimt (Love Woman in Gold and the film of the same name starring Helen Mirren) xx
What gorgeous work Wends - love the shimmer in the sunlight! You have coloured and gilded this wonderfully
Blessings
Maxine
Fikreta said…
gorgeous card!
Judith said…
A lovely baby card Wends - I'm so glad you joined in with us this week to share your stunning idea - what a fabulous use of gilding hugs Judith xx
What a charming card! I love how elegant it is with those shimmering sparkles in her hair! You did a really good job of showcasing this pretty image. The color palette couldn't be more perfect and I like how this was a fresh new take on a traditional baby card. Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!
Oh my Wends....What a gorgeous card....love the sweet image and pretty colours and details....Joolsx
Wendy said…
Absolutely gorgeous Wends.. ..Thanks for playing along with us at the Cutie Pie Challenge :)
Hugs
Wendy x
Helen said…
Gorgeous, Wends - love your colour scheme.

Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge.

Helen x
Babs said…
Thank you for sharing this gorgeous card with us at Sparkles Monthly hope to see you again next time

Hugs Babs DT x

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy