Sweet Stampin' ~ Anything But A Birthday

Hey there my lovely blog buddies. I am chasing my tail tonight, I popped in to check I'd put my post live for my Sweet Stampin' DT post tonight, only to realise I'd left it half way through editing the other night! Bah!! I've just had a house full of giggly 12 year olds too, so there's mess everywhere! LOL. We finally got to celebrate Georgie's birthday now that we're out of quarantine! But before I go to clean up the aftermath, let me share my DT creation with you today. We are having an 'Anything But A Birthday' challenge this week. So I'm sharing the travel journal and card I made for my gorgeous niece when she left to spend 10 months in France on a foreign exchange programme.


I watercoloured the background with my distress inks, splattered with water to add texture and lift some of the ink to create a more 'watery ocean' feel and once dried, I stamped the world map and sentiment on. Oh how I wish I had used my Hampton Arts Stamping Tool for this, as I'd liked to have double stamped to get a darker impression with the map stamp. The watercolour paper was textured so created a slight graininess, but I quite like the way the watercolours pooled slightly in the channels. Hard to capture in film, it does look better up close.


I bought my niece a lovely travel journal for her trip, which had a beautiful saying embossed on the front already. But I wanted to personalise it, so added a map stamp to the inside cover and a sentiment. The sentiment reads, 'Life takes you to unexpected places, love brings you home'. I had a sweet tiny kiwi stamp, which I thought was the perfect way to remind her where 'home' is. The map stamp, Kiwi and sentiment where embossed in fine white embossing powder.


Here's a closer look at the lovely Unity Stamps I used. The set is called 'Love Brings You Home' and includes the world map with its little heart and the sentiment I used on the inside cover. 


I won a fantastic set of stamps from Unity stamps recently, so I used a few of their lovely sayings to stamp pages randomly through the journal. I did this to remind my sweet niece of home, to encourage her to enjoy the adventure she is on and to encourage her to embrace every opportunity given.



Here's a peek at the fabulous bundle of Unity Stamps I won. I used the sentiment set in the top middle for created the little words of encouragement throughout the journal. 


So that's my 'Anything But A Birthday' post for you today and now I have to get back to the party clean up! Such a busy, full and fun night for my wee girlie. Last year before she becomes a teenager and she has such a lovely circle of friends. It was really nice to throw this wee party for her. 


Be sure to pop into the Sweet Stampin' blog to check out what my talented teamies did for this theme. It's pretty broad, so lots of scope to get creative! Just remember you need to stamp somewhere on your creation to enter. I'll catch you again really soon, until then, have an awesome weekend. I hope you fit in some crafty adventures too. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Challenge Entries:
Colour Crazy Challenge: #10 ~ Anything Goes
Crafty Calendar Challenge: March ~ Special Female (my sweet niece)

Comments

Pat said…
Gorgeous project Wends, I am sure your niece was absolutely delighted with her travel journal and I hope she enjoys her time in France.

Pat xx
Chris said…
Glad you finally got to celebrate Georgie's birthday...don't envy you the cleaning up!
The card you made for your niece is fabulous! Love the inky background and the beautiful stamp. The way you have personalised the journal is truly lovely and I'm sure she will appreciate the thought and love that went into it (especially if she has the odd moment of feeling a tad homesick!)
Enjoy the weekend!
Chris
x
Christine L said…
I'm sure your niece treasures your fabulous creations for her.. the sayings throughout the journal were so perfect for her wonderful journey!

Christine x
Sarah said…
An amazing journal Wends, not only useful but a reminder of home too, I bet she loved it xx
Lucy Patrick said…
OMGosh Wendy, the card and journal are amazing!! What a lovely idea to personalise a bought journal by stamping such gorgeous, thoughtful things together (the map, sentiment and kiwi)! I am in total awe of this, I love the watercoloured effect on that beautiful card too, I haven't got the hang of it yet, my "blending" never blends properly even though I use the same products as they do on Youtube, I'll keep trying haha! I watched a tutorial yesterday and now seeing your card, I am totally inspired to create that type of background! I hope you're having a great weekend, XOX Lucy
Fikreta said…
the card and journal are amazing!
congrats on your winn!
hugs
crafty-stamper said…
Fabulous distressed background -love the map stamp and great sentiments in the journal
Carol x
Elise said…
Wow Wendy! What an AMAZING card to give to your niece! She's going to love it! And the journal too .. wowwwww! What wonderful, beautiful, heart-felt gifts to present her with! Looove those unity sentiments ... congratulations on your win! :)

Big hugs,
Elise
Darnell said…
What a cool Auntie you are, Wends! I love the card very much and how you have personalized the journal for her with these encouraging sediments!! Hugs, Darnell
Moongirl said…
What an amazing gift! Perfect stamp to use.
Gale said…
This is a fabulous project Wendy. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Calendar and we hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Gale DT

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy