Sweet Stampin' ~ Things That Go Round

Well get me! Three posts in one week!! LOL. I really ought to rename my blog, the London Bus! Hehe. It's time today for a new challenge at Sweet Stampin' and this week, we want to see all your creations that have 'Things That Go Round'. So you could create something with an element that spins, or has turning circles or it could have something on it that has wheels. We'd love to see how you interpret this challenge. For my DT creation, I chose wheels. I made this card for my birthday twin Louise. We are two crafty Kiwi mamas with young kiddos and we share our birthday! So this was her birthday card this year and the sweet thing is, I got to give it to her in person when she was visiting Auckland recently.


The image is of course a gorgeous Krista Smith image from her Saturated Canary days. Lou lives on a farm, so this image made me think of her and I had great fun colouring it up with my Promarkers and then adding it's lavender and blue clouds. I've done this a couple of times recently, alternating colours in the clouds. I've not seen it done anywhere before, but was sitting with a few of my Distress Inks on the table and I just was drawn to trying this out. I think it looks so pretty. I used this same technique recently, but chose to work with 3 colours to create the clouds. I made these two at the same time, so was experimenting with that idea of multiple cloud colours. The other make if you want to compare is posted here.


I used a gorgeous Maja Design paper to create this card, but when it came to matting the image, none of my cardstock worked, so I just pulled out my Bluebell Promarker and inked the visible edge of the mat and hey presto, perfect colour match! I did the same with the corner die too (which is La La Land for those of you who like to know those details).


I put some cheesecloth behind the image, as the mat was wider than I wanted and I felt it needed 'softening'. I ran some cream cotton lace and seam binding ribbon behind the image, tied a double bow, added a wee tag with the sentiment (both Mama Elephant, which you can find here and here) finished the tag with a wee bow of Baker's Twine and added some pearls to finish. I was so happy with this card when I'd finished. Far softer and more 'shabby chic' than I usually do.


I hope you'll come join in the fun with us this week and show us all your 'Things That Go Round' creations, it doesn't need to be a card, but it must be papercraft and have some stamping on it to be eligible for the Top 3.


I'll be back again soon with another crafty adventure. In the meantime, head on over to the blog and check out what my super talented teamies have been up to for this challenge. You're gonna love what they've done! Have an awesome weekend. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Challenge Entries:
Passion For Promarkers: #395 ~ Tag It
I Love Promarkers: #335 ~ Girl's Birthday
Crafty Catz: #371 ~ More Than Two Layers
Crafty Calendar Challenge: May ~ Flowers
Colour Crazy Challenge: #19 ~ Anything Goes
Crafty Creations Challenges: #341 ~ Anything Goes
Aud Sentiments: #180 ~ Anything Goes + A Sentiment
Allsorts Challenge: #416 ~ Happy 8th Birthday Allsorts!
As You Like It: Favourite Skin/Fur Colour Combo. I'm a Promarkers girl, so the skin colour combo I use most is Coral, Sunkissed Pink and Blush with Pale Pink on the cheeks. I do experiment with other combos, but this is always the one I come back to.

Update: Ooh what a lovely surprise to find my Country Mama card had made the Top 5 at Passion For Promarkers! I love that challenge blog, because I'm such a Promarkers fan. So it was super lovely to make the Top 5 this week. Thanks ladies, I'm so stoked!


Second Update: I just saw I was placed Top 3 at As You Like It! This is one of my favourite challenges to enter, so I'm so chuffed to see this today! Woohoo, thank you ladies, very honoured.

Comments

brenda said…
A very pretty feminine Birthday card and perfect for our 8th Birthday celebrations at Allsorts, many thanks for joining in.

B x
Wends this is perfect, such a soft and feminine feel to the whole card - and I do love your multicoloured clouds.
BLessings
Maxine
Fikreta said…
gorgeouus card!
A beautiful card with lots of texture and a gorgeous image. Thanks for sharing it with us at Passion for Promarkers this week.
Lorraine DT
Linda Mc Enery said…
This is stunning! What a fantastic cloud technique! They're wonderful! Great idea to colour your own backing cardstock too! Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Passion for Promarkers! Linda
Paddington fan said…
Hi Wends,
Hope life is good with you hun! Great card and the colouring on those clouds is fab - I'm sure Louise loved it!! Thank you for joining us over at Passion for Promarkers for our Tag It challenge and I hope you'll join us again very soon, love Jacky x
Chris said…
Lovely image and colouring, those clouds look gorgeous! Love your design with the beautiful papers and wonderful texture, how nice to give this to your friend in person, bet she was delighted with it!
Chris
x
Christine L said…
I'm just back from a few days away - and what a lovely card I spy!! Fabulous colouring of the image.. and then that sky is perfect too... and the bow finishes it all off perfectly.

Christine x
Sarah said…
Wow, wow and wow!! This is absolutely gorgeous Wendy, the image is eautifully coloured and suits the shabby chic design perfectly. Love the clouds too...you clever sausage!! xx
Cara said…
Love this card, totally stealing your cloud idea! Cara x
The Crafty Den said…
Beautiful card Wendy. I love the image and your colouring is perfect. Your clouds look amazing too. Thanks for sharing with us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x
Wendy L said…
Wonderful image and so cute, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx
kareN stampZ said…
this is so pretty - love the wee tag & ribbons & adore your clouds (I like this example best) & the image is so cute - in fact I love EVERYTHING about your card - its fabulous!!!
Katrina Bufton said…
Gorgeous card and beautifully coloured image, I love the soft feel to it. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge,
Katrina x
NickScrapShack said…
Hi Wendy,
Great card! I love the soft feel, beautiful background and the sweet little tag on the bow. Gorgeous!
Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Catz. Good luck! Nick
Anne said…
Lovely card... not seen that sweet image before and I love how you did the clouds

Anne xx
Tracy said…
LOVE your pretty sky! Lovely coloring on the image too. Don't see much cheesecloth used anymore but I don't know why since it's such a lovely soft touch. Very pretty. Hugs!
Annette said…
FAB card Wends and a lovely background to finish off the image too. A fab scene and clouds. Gorgeous. Hope you're ok sweetie.
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
Lili of the Valley,
Dies to Die For,
In The Pink Challenge
Squirrel's not-so-random Challenge
As You Like It Challenge.

Dawn T said…
A gorgeous card Wendy. The colouring is amazing and the design is perfect.

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy