Sweet Stampin' ~ Halloween Bingo

Hey there crafty pals. It's time for a new challenge at Sweet Stampin' and this time, we're getting in the Halloween mood, with a fun Halloween Bingo. I created a fun Kinetic card for this challenge. Just a little something I concocted with what I had on hand. I had been making a kinetic card for another challenge when I created this, so I was all about the moving and shaking and I even made a little video to show you the action of the wee spider. 


I used the top line of the bingo board for my creation. Dress Up, Bat, Magic, but the diagonal line Dress Up, Sentiment, Black works too! I'm using the 'magic' bit loosely, as I think my moving spider is a bit magic, but you might interpret the theme to be wands, wizards and cauldrons etc for the magic section. As always, half the fun of these challenges is in the interpretation. My awesome image is of course from the talented pen of Krista Smith of Saturated Canary and is called Frankenbatty. This was a first attempt at copic colouring with green! Also my first attempt at black hair using copics. 


Because this is a kinetic card, I thought it would be fun to show you the wee spider in action. I realised after creating him though, that I ought to have 'weighted' him slightly to make the slider action smoother and for him to glide up and down in a more fluid action. Perhaps a little magnet would have worked to add that weight. I'll know for next time and we learn through trial and error don't we?! Please do turn the sound up to listen, as I recorded it with the sound down too far! Hehe, more trial and error.



The cute little spider was created with a Doodlebug Designs 'Mini Doodle-Pops' set called Spidies. It is a symmetrical spider, so I was able to use two back to back running the string between. Which meant it didn't matter if the spider turned during the kinetic action. I made the slider with a bit of acetate and created a channel between the cardstock layers with foam. I cut down an old slippy plastic bag for the acetate to run between, so it would have a smooth gliding action. This card was so much fun to create and I really enjoyed the process of working out how to put the slider together and what would make it work well. I think other than not weighting the spider enough, I came up with a really clever and fun design. 


The cool steampunk corner (because I couldn't find my spider's web die at the time) is cut down to fit from an old SCACD Steampunk Corner Die. The '3' was in the original design, I cut the '1' from another part of the design and glued it by the 3 so it read '31' which is of course Halloween night in October. I thought this was kinda fun to tie in the Halloween theme. The 'Spooky' die is from Lil' Inkers. I have had this die for a while and really wanted to use it. So I snuck it into the design here and I love how it looks. One of my siblings who saw it suggested the O's in the design looked a bit like the top of her dress. I thought that was a fun interpretation, so I'll take that. I loved colouring the eyes. I used my Promarkers for this as my Copic palette is limited. I could get lost in those lavender eyes, aren't they pretty! 


Little else remains to be said, other than to invite you to come and join in this super fun 'Halloween Bingo' challenge with us. Do come and share your crafty Halloween adventures with us. I think it's a pretty easy Bingo board and there's plenty of scope for interpretation. I look forward to seeing what you'll create. Do check out what my awesomely talented teamies have been up to on the blog too while you're there. I'll be back again before long, with my next crafty adventure. In the meantime, have a fabulous weekend and enjoy your own crafty adventures. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Challenge Entries:
Crafty Cardmakers: #198 ~ Spooky
Cupcake Inspirations: #427 ~ Monsters
Deep Ocean Challenge: #166 ~ Halloween
Crafty Gals Corner: #145 ~ Halloween Colours
Creative Inspirations: #282 ~ Autumn/Halloween
The Ribbon Girl: October ~ Any Image Challenge
Aud Sentiments: #191 ~ Halloween + A Sentiment
Creatalicious Challenge: #125 + Optional Halloween 
Shopping Our Stash: Zombies! (Strictly speaking, she's a Frankenstein creation, but I notice one of your DT used a Frankenstein character, so I hope it's acceptable)
As You Like It: People or Animals? I'm definitely in the 'people' camp. My career has always centered around helping people, first nursing, then working as a clinical aromatherapist and my current job as mummy extraordinaire. I'm all about the people. Interestingly, I love to colour people too, in all different shapes and sizes and tones. Today, I'm in a green tone kind of mood, LOL.

Update: I made it into the Top 3 at Cupcake Inspirations for their 'Monsters' challenge. Thank you ladies so much, especially EK who chose my card. I'm so chuffed! :)


Second Update: Lovely surprise to make it into the spotlight at Shopping Our Stash. Thank you ladies, I'm delighted you loved my card xoxo


Comments

Christine L said…
EEEEEEEK!! A fabulously scary card Wends... love her green face - she looks sooooooo sick with fear that the spider is going to land on her.... much as I'd be! LOL! and that bat climbing out of her up-do... brilliant! Also love your clever use of a bit of steampunk instead of a web.. I'd have probably given up by then methinks!

Christine x
Oh my.....love this card, the colors are spot on perfect on her and that bat coming out of her hair is hilarious, no wonder she has that look on her pretty face.
Thank you for sharing with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope you play again next time.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.
Sarah said…
Wow, this really is fantastic Wendy, your green face looks great, together with all the creepy crawlies, I particularly like the spider!! Great to see you at AYLI xx
Lady Joyful said…
Fabulous card, Wendy! Beautiful colouring and I love the interactive element. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT
Chris said…
Brilliant card Wends, there's soooo much going on here, yet you've managed to keep your design looking really clean! Quirky cute image...her green face looks amazing...I really think she isn't at all keen on huge spiders and can't say I blame her! Love the kinetic action, very clever, and the steampunk corner was inspired. Altogether a fabulous make!
hugs
Chris
x
Fabulous Halloween card, love the creepy spider!

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers

June/DT
mixamatoasties said…
Love it Wends. Such a cool idea.

Sorry if this comment appears twice. Blogger is being stupid!

Susan xx
EK Gorman said…
This is awesome...Absolutely love your coloring here. Such a great card. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!
Aileen said…
Fabulous card, absolutely love it. total winner.
Wow! Great card! I love that image! Thanks for sharing it with us at Shopping Our Stash! Cyndi, DT
Blossom Cards said…
lovely card and image thanks for sharing with Creatalicious Rachel DT
Mimi said…
Oh, what a winner! I'd say you succeeded with your green coloring and black hair... on such a cute image! Also, what a happy accident that you couldn't find your web-- so cool! Thank you so much for sharing at SOS this week! Stop by again soon!
Donna said…
Fabulous!!!
Thanks for joining the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew this week for our walking dead challenge!!
Barbara Godden said…
Fabulous card, super colouring, thanks for joining us for the Walking Dead challenge at Shopping Our Stash.
Cara said…
Oh wow, this is just amazing, love the spider and his steampunk web x
Lynne said…
A fab halloween card and her face and hair look great. Thank you for joining in at As You Like It x
Plony said…
A very special card...love the idea from the colors...lol....very cute.
Thank you for joining our challenge at Ribbon Girl.
xxx Plony
Tracy said…
A Krista Smith style Mrs. Frankenstein. Too cute. I love the spider. hee hee Really fun! Hugs!
TracyM #6773 said…
BOO-tiful card Wendy!
LOVE your image and colouring, LOVE your COOL spider action too!
Thank You for joining us at the Crafty Gals Corner :)
Julie said…
So spooky. Love the green. Fab job
Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
Julie T
Melanie said…
A fa-boo-lous card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional Halloween” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy