Fab 'n' Funky ~ Word Art

Gosh, this week is flying past! We're on Spring Break here in New Zealand, and we've had a lovely road trip down to mine and hubbies home town to visit his parents. We celebrated his dad's birthday and visited special friends and family which included Greg's nana who will be 103 in a few weeks! A bit of a whirlwind trip and in the bustle I've managed to fall behind with my DT make this week. Thankfully, I had watercoloured this sweet image previously, so a quick CAS card was pulled together and now I'm sorted.


Our challenge at Fab 'n' Funky this week is to use images that include word art. The lovely image I used is from our fabulous sponsor Bugaboo and is called Day After Forever from their Love Blocks range. This pretty silhouette has the loveliest word art sentiment, so this will be going to my mummy. I can't wait until she's home in the new year. It's been too long with her away playing Nanny extraordinaire to my sweet niece and nephew. But we can't wait to have her home from the US again. She's been the quintessential 'Fairy Godmother' for those sweet babes and I know my sis' will miss her like crazy when she comes home. But boy we've missed her too! So this sweet image seemed like a good fit to me to send to my lovely mummy with some news of home.


I matted the image with a piece of pale pink cardstock which was left over from a previous creation. I decided not to use it for that one in the end, so I added to a really pretty card base for this creation, that has a pearlescent sheen to it. The edge of the pink cardstock I trimmed with a stitched scallop border die, which I think is Lawn Fawn, but I'll come back later to confirm. A very quick CAS design as I was so short of time this week, but don't you just love it when a CAS design does justice to the image perfectly!


I hope you'll come and join our fun this week with your own interpretation of this fun 'Word Art' challenge. There's plenty of scope and I can't wait to see what you'll create. Until next time, I'm off to have some couch time with hubby and see if another 'Designated Survivor' episode has popped up on Netflix. Loving that show! See you all again soon with another crafty adventure. Big hugs, Wends xoxo (No I haven't forgotten the candy, it's coming and you're gonna love it!)


Final pic in a slightly warmer light

Challenge Entries:
Allsorts: #436 ~ Trees & Leaves
Always Fun: #27 ~ Lots of Layers
Little Red Wagon: #414 ~ Leftovers
Crafty Catz: #387 ~ Anything Goes + CAS
The Ribbon Girl: October ~ Card Challenge
The Crafter's Cafe: #182 ~ Use A Diecut or Punch
Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends: #67 ~ Anything Goes
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Thinking of You
Aud Sentiments: #190 ~ Use A Diecut + A Sentiment
Sparkles Monthly Challenge: #96 ~ Diecuts or Punches

Update: I made Top 5 at Allsorts Challenge for their 'Trees & Leaves' challenge. Thank you so much ladies. I'm so so delighted! You've made my day!

Comments

Pat K said…
Beautiful water colouring on this lovely image Wends. Really pretty card. hugs, Pat K xx
Chris said…
Your card is a delight Wends, beautifully CAS! The image looks so lovely watercoloured...great that you are trying out different colouring media on your projects...I must try to be more adventurous! Your Mum will be so pleased to receive this beautiful and thoughtful card, I'm sure she's missing you like crazy too...but sisters have to share! Won't be too long before she's home and then it will be your turn! I'm so lucky that my son and daughter live nearby so get to see them and my gorgeous girlies all the time.
hugs
Chris
x
Wendy said…
Gorgeous CAS card Wends, love your beautiful water colouring on that image...Sounds like you are having a wonderful spring break :)
Hugs Wendy xx
Sounds like a fun trip. Beautiful image, fab card
Christine L said…
Awww what a beautiful sentiment and a fabulous card to send to your Mum.. I love how you treasure her... all too often Mum's are taken a bit for granted, so it's lovely to hear how you talk about her..

Glad you're enjoying your Spring break.. as we're settling into Autumn..

Big hugs
Christine x
brenda said…
A lovely fantasy creation in pretty soft colours, many thanks for joining in at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x
Fikreta said…
stunning card!
Mervi said…
Fabulous fantasy card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m
maria f. said…
Made me smile. Those colors, the sentiment. Truly lovely.
JanR said…
Great card! I love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.
Such a pretty, ethereal card.
xxx
Cara said…
Love how pretty and delicate this is x
AO Creations said…
Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Always Fun, good luck!!! Amy DT
Ginny said…
love tis image, I've previously framed it for my youngest.

wow 103, my nan was 101 this year. Hope she had a wonderful birthday :)
Teresa Kline said…
super fun background....luv the mixed colors and design! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*
Elaine Stark said…
A delightful card. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine
aussie aNNie said…
Great card Wendy, hope you are doing well.xx [aNNie]

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy