Southern Girls ~ Fairies, Flowers and/or Fantasy

Hey there lovelies, it's Thursday and time for a new challenge at Southern Girls. This week we have an awesome theme for you. It's Fairies, Flowers and/or Fantasy. So I chose an image that was both a fairy and had flowers for my creation. She's called Poinsettia Pixie. Isn't she beautiful! I've had this gorgeous image in my stash for a while and I just LOVE colouring Hannah Lynn images. We are very fortunate to have Hannah Lynn as one of our sponsors this week. Our second sponser is Technique Tuesday, so we have two wonderful prizes up for grabs!


I've coloured this beautiful image with my alcohol inks, a mix of Copics and Promarkers. The blues and greys are Promarkers and the reds and greens are Copics. I've added Wink of Stella to the lil' bit of fairy wing you can see on the left of the image, which in reality catches the light nicely. The card is quite little 5x5 inches I think. I had printed this just to play with at quite a small size, but was so pleased when I finished colouring her that I had to use it! So I created a little card, so that she wasn't swamped on a larger one. 


I have had these tiny doilies for a while and in the past was annoyed that they weren't just a little bigger, so imagine my delight when tonight, they were the perfect fit for this creation. I used a La La Land corner and a simple wrap of grey and white bakers twine to finish the design. It's a nice fine twine, so was perfect for this smaller card, as the heavier twines were too chunky. The beautiful designer paper is a digital one from Whimsy Stamps from their Floral Grass set.


I hope you'll come and join in the fun with us this fortnight at Southern Girls. You have two weeks to create with this fantasy theme and I'd love to see what you're inspired to do! Two fabulous prizes up for grabs means two lucky winners! 


I'm away up North with my kiddos right now as we have Autumn break, but will check in again on Saturday when we're back. I'm hoping we aren't rained out, as we've had some dreadful Autumn storms here in Auckland. Have an awesome week and happy crafting. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Challenge Entries:
Little Red Wagon: #442 ~ Cards of Unusual Size
Passion For Promarkers: #440 ~ Buttons and/or Bows
Creatalicious Challenges: #137 ~ Anything Goes with Dies or Punches
The Paper Shelter: #335 ~ A Birthday Card (Birthday card for my UK pal)
Addicted To Stamps & More: #288 ~ Holiday (I've made this for a friends birthday but the poinsettia make it a perfect Christmas creation too.
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Sparkle & Shine (Not easy to see, but there is Wink of Stella on the fairy wing - left of the image as you look at it)
As You Like It: Favourite Colouring Medium ~ Alcohol markers. I love them, Promarkers or Copics, either is fab, but I LOVE the vibrancy and depth of colour that alcohol inks provide. They're my very favourite medium to colour with.

Update: I made the Top 5 at Passion For Promarkers. Thank you so much ladies! I'm thrilled xoxo


Comments

Dawn T said…
totally gorgeous Wendy. Such a pretty card.
Lucy Patrick said…
It's Gorgeous Wends, I love how you've coloured her XOX Lucy
A sweet card Wends, andso beautifully coloured!
Blessings
Maxine
Sarah said…
STUNNING just about sums up this beauty!! xx
The Crafty Den said…
Such a beautiful card Wendy. I love the gorgeous image and your colouring is perfect. Great die cuts and the doily looks fab. Thanks for sharing with us at PFP this week and good luck in the prize draw. Hugs, Denise x
Crafty KJ said…
Wow,this is absolutely stunning! Your colouring is amazing and your layout is perfect. The doily looks fab and I love the distressed edges too. Thanks for joining in with my challenge this week at Passion for Promarkers. Hugs, Karen xx
Nannieflash said…
Gorgeous card love the image and your colour choice. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx
Tracy Freeman said…
Beautiful design and colouring, the little details are just perfect.
Thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Have a Great Day x
CraftyNatalie said…
Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter this week.
Annette said…
This is beautiful. Your colouring is lovely, those flowers are amazing.
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
Lili of the Valley,
Dies to Die For,
Squirrel's not-so-random Challenge
As You Like It Challenge.
Shylaashree said…
she is soo adorable. A great card.Thanks for playing along with us at Addicted to Stamps & More. Hope to see you again
Shylaa DT@ATSM
Adhiraacreations
N-Eva said…
What a lovely card .
Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious Challenges . Hugs Neva

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy