Sweet Stampin' ~ Batty For You

Hey there lovelies, it's Saturday and that means a new challenge at Sweet Stampin'! We've a fun one for your this week, we'd love to see you create with either Chevrons or Stripes. How easy peasy is that?!! As always, this is open for interpretation, so we'd love to see what you're inspired to do, just remember to do some stamping if you'd like to be considered for the Top 3. 


I'm firmly in Halloween mode at the moment, I can't get enough of the cute images out there to celebrate. Though I'm definitely in the 'Too Cute To Spook' camp! LOL. I don't like the sleuky scary ones! So I just LOVED this sweet Lili of the Valley image when I first saw him. I snapped up a few extra images recently before they stopped selling their digital images. Soooo sad for me, as being in New Zealand, the postage costs for physical stamps can get pretty prohibitive! So I bought all the ones I'd had in my 'Wish List' before they stopped doing the digis and this wee cutie was one of them. Isn't he adorable?! So perfect for a 'Too Cute To Spook' Halloween creation. I've coloured this cutie with my Copic Markers and added yellow Wink of Stella to the stars, so in good light, they shine!


As I mentioned, our theme this week is 'Chevrons or Stripes', so I've gone for Chevrons and I really love the way these Chevrons worked with this image. The colours just seemed kinda perfect for this creation. So I didn't want to cover too much of the paper. I did however have to cover some of the image! Right after I'd put my black inky fingermarks around the edge! So was born the idea of bats flying around him. A happy accident I think! Under that bat right at the top, is the messiest black thumb mark! LOL. The bats are cute lil' felt ones, layered for a 3D effect and up close very realistic! They're from the brand Little B, who do some really fun Halloween embellishments. I'm hanging out to use my wee ghosts now!


Keeping the 'Bat' theme going, I've used a fabulous Halloween sentiment, which I've had for simply years and just love for this season. Created by the very talented and lovely Tracey Brossart of Brossart Designs. She's just come back to crafting after a wee hiatus, so be sure to check out her blog and visit her Etsy store to see her gorgeous designs.


Well that's it from me tonight, I'm off to watch a movie with hubby so I'll catch you tomorrow. There's plenty more Halloween crafty adventures to be had yet, so I'll be busy creating again soon! Hugs and happy (Halloween) crafting, Wends xoxo


Challenge Entries:
Little Red Wagon: #468 ~ Digi Do!
The Paper Girls: #162 ~ Halloween
City Crafter Challenge: #434 ~ Halloween
Unicorn Challenge: #37 ~ Autumn or Halloween
Aud Sentiments: #214 ~ Halloween/Fall Sentiment
As You Like It: Clean & Simple or Fussy & Fancy ~ I love both, but I must say, there's something very satisfying in pulling off a lovely CAS design. 
Double Trouble Challenge: #12 ~ Halloween or Fall ~ Thing 1 = Cute Halloween, Thing 2 = Paper Girls entry, Thing 3 = Frame ~ I've framed the image :)

Update: I was featured at the Little Red Wagon Challenge! Woohoo, thank you so much ladies! xoxo


Second Update: I made the Top 3 at Aud Sentiments. I'm so delighted, thank you so much xoxo


Comments

Tracey T said…
Gorgeous! Love the sweet image - hadn't seen this one before. It really is a shame about the LotV images, particularly as it looked like the digis were doing so well. Not sure about the £12.50 sets, much preferred being able to buy images individually. Hope you enjoyed your movie night xx
Chris said…
Totally cute and definitely non scary! Fabulous little image, brought to life by your fantastic colouring...love the colours and the bats too!
Enjoy your weekend
Chris
x
Wendy said…
Fabulous card, super cute!
Hugs
Wendy xx
Dawn T said…
Adorable Wendy. Lucky you to get the images... I didn't realise that the LOTV was stopping selling the digis so missed out on getting some of them before they stopped. I saw a couple in a magazine this week and that's when I found out they were gone. Your card is just gorgeous.
Darlene said…
So so cute! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Cute Spooks’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Lucille K said…
Just love this cute image and your card design is spot on. Thank you so much for joining us at City Crafter :)
Sandra said…
This card is so cute, the dressup bat is adorble. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra
Furrbster said…
I love these chevrons for your fabulously coloured batty image!

Thanks for sharing your halloween creation with us at Aud Sentiments,

Hugz Tinz
Wendy, definitely "Too Cute To Spook"...this bat is adorable and excellent coloring. You also made Twisted Sister glad that you used a frame. Fun and adorable card. Thank you for sharing your card with Double Trouble and The Paper Girls for this Challenge, and hope you come back again. If you don't already know...reminder: Don’t forget our Special 5th Week Monday Double Trouble Challenge for SomeThing, EveryThing and AnyThing will be coming up soon.
JanR said…
This is the cutest! I too snapped up some LOV digis before they were gone but I missed this guy. ): Love how you covered up your oopsie. It's a wonderful card. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.
Fikreta said…
its sooo cute!
love it!
Sandy said…
Such an adorable little bat! A delightful creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments Challenge blog.
Hugs, Sandy
Annette said…
OH WENDS!!! This guy's adorable! I love him. The bats are fab, and your colouring is perfection. Far too cute to spook!
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
Lili of the Valley,
Dies to Die For,
As You Like It Challenge.
Brittany M. said…
This card really is too cute to spook! It is absolutely adorable, you did such a great job with it - your coloring is amazing. Thank you so much for joining us Paper Girls and our Halloween themed challenge with the Double Trouble ladies.
Melanie R said…

Too cute to spook? Yes! Your card is so sweet. Great background paper and coloring, I like the way you used the frame. Thank you for joining in the challenge fun at Double Trouble and we hope to see you at our "Fifth Monday" challenge on October 28.
SweetScraps said…
Just BATTY for your adorable card! So glad you popped by our Halloween challenge at the PaperGirls, partnered with Double Trouble. Happy Halloween!
Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble...your batty guy is too cute to spook for sure. Love your card and your coloring is amazing!

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy