Whimsy Wednesday ~ Coffee Break

Hey there my lovely friends. We are in the middle of Spring Break here in New Zealand and I have my in-laws visiting this week. So we've been out and about with the kiddos having some fun. But I found a few minute the last couple of nights to pull together this rather sweet Penguin having a Hot Cocoa break for my Whimsy Stamps Inspiration post today. It is week 2 of our New Release showcases, so this is my second creation with a new image. This cutie was designed by our awesome Crissy Armstrong. She's created some utterly charming characters for this release, many of which are perfect for Christmas creations. 


I've used Copic Markers to colour up this sweet image and at the kiddies suggestion went for green. I don't need much convincing, because it's my favourite colour, but I do love this green. I've snapped the shades I used above for those who like these details. 


I decided to create a snowfall background with a mix of snowflake stamps and Stickles and Gelly Roll spots. I kinda went to town! LOL. The sentiment is from a new sentiment set also created by the lovely Crissy which had a fun icy finish on the 'cold' word, so I added some of the silver Gelly Roll to give that added sparkle.



The delish green paper is also Crissy's creation. I just love this paper and it worked so well with this sweet wee guy in his green sweater! You may note the 'H' on his sweater. This was waste from a Hogwarts diecut I had on my table recently, which I thought would be fun to add to the sweater for a bit of interest. This made me think of the Hogwarts houses and Hufflepuff, which starts with 'H'! So I coloured up his scarf as a Hufflepuff scarf. I added Wink of Stella to the 'H' on the sweater for a little added sparkle.


This latest release has some seriously darling images and as I said earlier fabulous images for Christmas creations. Do head over to the Whimsy Store to check out these gorgeous images and be sure to check out our Facebook page too, as their has been some super fun for October going on this past week. We've had World Cardmaking Day celebrations on the 6th and as part of that the giveaway of a super cute Halloween image. It's still possible to download it, so if you are a Whimsy Stamps Facebook member be sure to stop by and grab that gorgeous image. If you want a sneaky peek at that, be sure to click through to my last post using that same lovely image. 


Thank you so much for stopping in today. I hope you found some inspiration and welcome your comments. Stop in again soon as I'll be back with my next crafty adventure before too long. In the meantime, do check out the fab latest release via the banner link above and happy crafting!  








Challenge Entries:
Winter Wonderland: Anything Christmas Goes
The Holly & The Ivy: #38 ~ Anything Christmas Goes
Christmas With The Cuties: #20 ~ Theme - For A Child
Sparkles Christmas Challenge: #93 ~ Christmas is for Kids
CAS Christmas Challenge: October ~ Birds (penguin birdy)
ABC Christmas Challenge: V is for 'Very Quick' ~ Quick CAS card
Merry Little Christmas Challenge: #3 ~ October ~ Anything Christmas Goes


Comments

TracyM #6773 said…
CUTENESS GALORE!
Your penguin, background and layers are DELIGHTFUL :)
Monika/Buzsy said…
What a sweet card Wendy. Love the cute image, the coloring... the swirly background paper looks awesome... almost like steam from the hot coffee! :)
Fikreta said…
Its super cute!
Dawn T said…
Just fell in love with this one Wendy. It is stunning.
What a sweetie Wends, and you have coloured him beautifully. Love the greens you have used throughout the card.
Blessings
Maxine
Your penguin winter card is super adorable! I love it!!
pinky said…
You've coloured him beautifully Wends. What a cutie!
Sarah said…
What a delightful little soul!! He looks great in green and Your snowy background is brilliant xx
Linda said…
This sweet little penguin is colored so beautifully. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.
Loll said…
Such a cutie, Wendy! This guy is adorable ... great colouring with Copics. Fun sentiment too! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!
Lorraine A said…
Gorgeous card Wendy :-) the little penguin is adorable and your colouring is fabulous, so very very cute :-)

Thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge 🎄
Luv
Lols x x x
Cards By MI said…
Super cute card with lovely image and colours. Thanks for joining us over at winter Wonderland this week.
Love n hugs
Marie
So adorable, i love that little penguin and the addition of the Hogwarts emblem on his sweater. thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.
Lynne said…
A super cute penguin and fabulous colouring, I love the colours. Thank you for joining in at Christmas with the Cuties. Lynne DT x
Pop's Cards said…
I love this cutie how adorable is he, your colouring is gorgeous, hugs Pops x
Marie Bingaman said…
This is too cute for words, but I will say some anyway! I love the image, and how you colored him, and I would say it looks like he is in the perfect blizzard! Thanks for joining us at Christmas With The Cuties! :)

~Marie B -DT
Monica Maier said…
This card is so stinkin' cute with that adorable penguin and your coloring is superb! Thanks for joining us at Merry Little Christmas challenge blog!

Monica- DT
https://monicascraftcorner.blogspot.com/
Your coloring of this adorable penguin is fabulous. Thanks for playing along with us at THAIC
Cheryl said…
Beautiful! Green is my favorite color too and your penguin looks super cozy in his sweater and scarf :) Thanks for playing at Sparkles Christmas challenges.
Dorte said…
Wonderful CAS card with a super cute image so beautifully coloured. Thanks so much for playing in our 'U and V' challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge. Good Luck and please come back again soon!
Dorte x

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy