Whimsy Stamps ~ Deck the Halls

Hey crafty pals, it's taken me a day or so to get this blogged, can you believe Christmas is right around the corner?! I keep chasing my tail, there's still so much to do and I've so many lovely Christmas cards to share yet with you! So, without further ado, let me get this one shown!


I have to say, I really love this card, I'm so happy with how it came together. I did the colouring whilst I was waiting for Georgie at her climbing class and totally amazed myself with how cool it looked when I finished! I considered adding some shading around the image, but I was so pleased with how it looked, I wanted to keep it simple (and not risk mucking it up! LOL.) You know I am totally LOVING the new Whimsy Stamps Tartan Paper set, I cannot get enough of these papers, it's quite possible ALL my Christmas creations will feature it! The cute gingham strip is actually the backside of this fab plaid. I had a couple of offcuts, so rather than waste it, added it over my black washi tape strip. The final touch was the gold bow. I'd tied this previously and had it sitting on my desk, so when I was putting this together, kinda just playfully popped it there, but then I think it really worked, so glued it in place! The sentiment is from an older Whimsy Stamps Digital Sentiment set way back in the Raindrop Echo Designs days. I printed this and foiled it in champagne gold foil. It's really pretty in reality. The postage stamp die is also a very old Whimsy Stamps die. This card is a very simple design, but possibly my favourite Christmas creation this year!


I'm hoping to get a couple more cards shared before Christmas rolls around, honestly, this month has completely side-swiped me! I had grand plans to send all my lovely crafty pals some snail mail love and life has well and truly got in the way, so I send you virtual hugs and love and wishes for a much better new year than many of us had this year! xoxo





Comments

Faye Wynn-Jones said…
Love, love, love this one. Great colourwork, really fab x
Fikreta said…
adorable card!

Merry Christmas! 🎅

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy