Whimsy Stamps ~ Easter Banner

Hey there crafty pals. I can't believe it's about to be Easter, how is it that time already?! I know I say that a lot, but honestly, the older I get, the faster time seems to fly. I've had fun this past week creating an Easter Banner. I love decorating the house for different holidays and thought it'd be fun to create an Easter Banner this year. 


I used the Nested Pierced Egg Die Set from Whimsy stamps to create this banner. I chose 3 colours of cardstock and 3 background designs and set about creating my easter egg banner. I think the 'peeps' bunnies from the Build-a-Basket Die Set from Whimsy are super cute. So I wanted to do them in the three different shades of cardstock on each egg that was a 'separator' egg. The space between words and the beginning and end of the banner was were I put these eggs. I wanted this to be a quick makes as Easter is fast approaching and I wanted this to be ready to hang this week. So I didn't do any colouring, just die-cutting and some stamping and embossing.


I used two stamp sets and a stencil to create the designs on the Easter Eggs. I went for a sunray effect on the blue Easter Egg, which was created with the Whimsy Stamps Sun Ray Stencil and Versamark Ink. I used Ranger Fine Detail Embossing Powder in White to do all the embossing on the eggs. The cool swirly pink eggs, I used the Whimsy Stamps Curly Q's background stamp to create. I love this fun background and really need to have another play with it, it's fab! The chevron background, was an older out of date stamp I had in my stash, but Whimsy have a fabulous new Chevron Background which would work perfectly. 


How cute are those little peeps?! I think they're super cute. I thought one in each colour would look sweet on the separator eggs. I love Symmetry, so it drove me to distraction that the words were different lengths. I almost changed the words to say Easter Wishes, but really wanted it to say Happy Easter, so had to think of another way to 'balance' things. I did this by starting and ending with blue eggs. Not perfect with one of the separator eggs being a different colour, but I'm rolling with it! I will be back again soon, as we will be sharing our New Release for April at Whimsy shortly. Wishing you a lovely lead up to Easter and a beautiful Easter weekend. Hugs xoxo





Comments

Lorraine said…
A gorgeous Easter banner Wendy, lovely colours.
Lorraine x
Buffy said…
Adorable garland.
Hugs Buffy xx
Faye Wynn-Jones said…
It's fab to see this bunting 'in situ' as I thought you might be tricking me about it saying Happy Easter when I saw it decoratively organised in a smaller photo. This is soooo pretty. Hope you had a fab birthday xx
Fikreta said…
its so adorable!

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy