Whimsy Stamps ~ Laying In The Grass Tia

Hello again my lovely crafty pals. Easter has given me the opportunity to catch up a bit on crafty adventures, which is fab! Though the days still seem to race by. I hope you've all had a restful and lovely Easter. Here before we know it, the kids will be on Autumn Break. Today, I want to share with you a sweet creation I made for the latest Whimsy Stamps Digital Release with a very sweet Some Odd Girl Image called Laying in the Grass Tia. She looks so wistful and dreamy and I had great fun colouring her up with my Copic Markers for our latest release.


I did everything back to front with this creation. I coloured her up and then went hunting for paper. I usually like to source my paper before colouring so I can match things better, but this was just a colour for the fun of it moment and happily I did find some paper that toned okay. I decided to mix a bolder darker paper with the cute hearts paper for a slightly funkier look. So I added a couple of little banners to tie the theme together better. Which of course needed something to anchor the design, so I grabbed another of the papers from this paper pack which had solid hearts, fussy cut one of those and ran a little ink around the raw edge, then added some Nuvo Crystal Drops over it for a bit of gloss, dimension and interest.


The little banners I just hand cut from the coordinating papers I'd used. The paper pack I took these papers from is the Whimsy Starring Hearts Paper Pack. There are some lovely bold papers in this set and I was so happy when I found that the soft apricot colour I'd chosen to do her shirt in worked really well with the heart paper. I rounded two of the corners of the card to finish the card base design. I have two small hand held corner rounders that work well for this. The image panel I diecut with a Whimsy Slimline Die with a fab scalloped edge, which made me think of clouds and I thought was fun, as I imagine Tia laying there seeing designs in the clouds as I'm sure we've all done as kids. I popped up this layer on double sided adhesive foam for a bit of dimension.


I added some White Gelly Roll dots to her shirt for a bit of added interest. Nothing too fancy, but just dresses it up a bit from a plain coloured shirt. I've been watching the super talented Faye Wynn-Jones colouring lately and she often adds these little touches that so elevate a creation and finish a colouring so nicely. So this is my little attempt to 'jazz it up a bit', like Faye. If you've not seen her Youtube Channel yet, I highly encourage you to take a look, she's awesome to watch in action and I am learning loads, including which are the next colour combos I want to add to my Copic Wishlist, hehe. Well that's all from this Crafty Kiwi Mama tonight, I'm heading back to work tomorrow, so my playtime fun is over for a bit. But I will try to share another creation with you very soon and be sure to stop by our Whimsy Facebook Group to see what the rest of the Divas have been up to with our latest Digital Release. These girls do not disappoint, mad talent, the lot of them! Huge hugs to you all xoxo







Comments

Dawn T said…
Gorgeous card Wendy. You are such a great colourist!
Wonderful colouring Wends, and a fabulous card - love all the wee touches you have added
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine
Fikreta said…
Gorgeous card!
Bev said…
Ah Wendy, this is absolutely lovely! Gorgeous colouring hun ❤️️
Faye Wynn-Jones said…
Oooh, I think this is pretty. Great use of the fab papers x

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy