Whimsy Stamps ~ Mahalo Nui Loa

I'm popping in today with my second creation from the latest Whimsy Stamps Digital Release. This sweet image just takes me back to Hawaii. Oh how I loved our visit there in our younger years. It was magical for me and I felt very 'at home' in Hawaii. I so want to go back with a few more pennies this time, so we can venture to the outer islands and watch the volcanoes. Such a magical place!


The Hawaiian culture reminds me so much of our own Maori people here in New Zealand. There is a grace and beauty to these cultures. This sweet image reminds me so much of our Poi Dancers here in New Zealand and I had such fun colouring her up with a coconut husk bikini top and grass skirt. She was so fun to colour! I decided on blue black hair, just for a bit of interest. This beautiful image is from Whimsy Stamps Some Odd Girl Digital Collection and she is called Mini Hula Girl.


I have a cute traditional flax bag that I've been given as a gift, so used this to set up my shot. I think it is a nice touch for photographing this creation. The beautiful paper I used for this creation, is from one of Whimsy's latest paper pack releases called Floral Impressions. This pack is amazing, full of lush and beautiful floral imagery. This is one of the more subtle pages, which I think is so pretty as the backdrop for this card. I diecut the frame with my Shaker Maker Combo die set from Whimsy, keeping the centre piece to line the back of my shadow card. This is a 3D box design, with just enough dimension and interest to add that little extra something to this creation. I love the way the shadow from the diecuts move and dance against the pretty paper background. If you look closely you might spot the surfer dude walking in the background. A fun little extra detail from the Build-an-Island die set from Whimsy Stamps. 


I added the palm tree panel halfway between the front layer and base layer, 1/2 an inch deep in the design. For those of you who like these details, the card size is 6 inches high and 6 inches wide by 1 inch deep. Both sides are sealed, so you add your greetings on the back of the card. The design folds completely flat in either direction for easy posting. But requires a custom envelope that will take the 6 inch by 7 inch card size when folded flat. The layered elements have been added taking care to ensure they sit flat when needed, but pop up nicely when sitting in their box design. I added a couple of little clouds from the Up In The Clouds die set to finish the card front and the final detail was a sentiment from the Simple Sentiment Strips clear stamp set which I added directly to the diecut palm tree panel with Versafine Onyx Black Ink


Thanks for popping in to visit today. I hope you enjoyed this wee tropical creation. It's making me long for Summer! It's been really chilly here the last week or so, not 'London cold', but chilly for Auckland! So it was fun to create a little Summer scene and dream of warmer climes. I'll be back again soon with another crafty adventure, until then, have a wonderful week. Hugs xoxo




Comments

Dawn T said…
what a beauty Wendy. Love the sweet little girl who you've coloured so beautifully
Pat said…
Oh my Wends such a fabulous creations, the image is so cute, coloured beautifully, and I love the gorgeous scene you have created.

Pat xx
Sarah said…
That's beautiful Wends and more of a gift than I card I should say!! You have coloured her beautifully and all the elements gel so brilliantly xx
what a sweet image of the hula girl, Wends, and I love the die cut scene behind her. Awesome work
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Recent Posts You May Also Enjoy